Hey, I'm New!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 28, 2017 12:08 pm
Hey there! I've heard from a few different podcasts that play by post is worth a try, so here I am trying it out.

About me: big time fantasy nut. Tolkien, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert Jordan, Margaret Weiss, Tracy Hickman, Terry Brooks, R. A. Salvatore, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss... I also really enjoyed playing some of the old dnd-based video games, like Eye of the Beholder, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, and Planescape:Torment. I didn't actually ever play dnd until a few years ago when a friend invited me to play. I went, and met my wife! We've been happy nerds together ever since. (She might even join this play by post thing if it turns out well) We started with 4e, but 5e is more our style. I've enjoyed playing and running games in Forgotten Realms, Eberron, the Hold, and homebrew settings.

Enough about me. Here to have fun!
Oct 28, 2017 2:50 pm
Welcome! It's an awesome community here and a great place to get into PBP!
Oct 28, 2017 4:40 pm
Welcome!
Oct 28, 2017 8:05 pm
Welcome, welcome! Hope you enjoy pbp, it's interesting.
Oct 28, 2017 8:55 pm
Welcome!
Oct 28, 2017 10:43 pm
Welcome!
Oct 29, 2017 1:31 am
Welcome to the fold!
Oct 29, 2017 1:49 am
Welcome, Araklusta! Happy gaming! :-)
Oct 29, 2017 2:49 pm
Welcome Araklusta! I am really looking forward to the next Kingkiller Chronicles and Stormlight Archives myself. There's plenty of DnD 5e around here, so I'm sure you won't have trouble getting going there!
Oct 30, 2017 12:02 am
Welcome to GP.
Oct 31, 2017 2:32 pm
Welcome :)
Oct 31, 2017 2:40 pm
Keleth says:
Welcome Araklusta! I am really looking forward to the next Kingkiller Chronicles and Stormlight Archives myself. There's plenty of DnD 5e around here, so I'm sure you won't have trouble getting going there!
Check out the free chapters they have of Stormlight Archive Part 3: Oathbringer. They have a lot of it for free here
Nov 1, 2017 4:01 am
Gotta love Stormlight and Kingkiller! Thanks for all the welcomes :D
Nov 4, 2017 5:01 pm
Welcome! Great reading list. :)
Nov 13, 2017 11:19 pm
Hello and welcome.

Oh god... 4th edition... No wonder you switched to 5th! XD :P

Okay, enough edition wars for now, it was a joke everyone... I did played 4th edition and quite enjoyed it, although it never once felt like D&D to me, so there, it's okay, it's just not D&D. :D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.