Hello everyone!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 20, 2017 10:15 pm
Hi everybody, I've been poking around the site for the past week or so, and I've decided to give it a shot. I generally like what I see! The site has a few rough edges, but it looks pretty sleek, and there seems to be an active and friendly community to boot. The game that drew my attention to the site won't be going forward, but I'm impressed enough to stick around.

So, on to who I am and what I do. I am a full time student, studying to become an English teacher. I have been roleplaying for well over half of my life, not terribly impressive considering I'm only 25, and running games on sites like this and in person for about five years. I favor rules-light, story driven games and systems, and plan on running an interest check towards the end of the month for a few ideas that have been rolling around in my head. I am currently a little preoccupied with falling behind on my writing for NaNoWriMo. xD

I haven't had much of a chance to gauge what is particularly popular on this site, but I'm guessing like most places DnD is a staple here. I tend to run relatively niche systems like MaidRPG, Magical Burst, and FFD6, so expect something along those lines, or entirely freeform games from me in the future.

Thank you very much, and please have a wonderful day!
Nov 20, 2017 10:21 pm
Welcome to the site, and glad to see another NaNo-er on board. :)
Nov 20, 2017 10:29 pm
Welcome!
Nov 21, 2017 12:19 am
Welcome! For those willing to GM, it's usually possible to find players who are interested in learning a new system.
Nov 21, 2017 12:52 am
Welcome to GP!
Nov 21, 2017 1:27 am
Welcome Shalaris! We have a NaNoWriMo thread for those looking for a wee bit more pressure, er, support in this fun month.
Nov 21, 2017 1:31 am
Welcome, Shalaris! Happy Gaming! :-)
Nov 21, 2017 3:51 am
Welcome Shalaris! I'd love to hear what rough edges you're finding so I can make sure they're on my list to fix up. I look forward to seeing what games you start up; I always make sure games that are running on Custom are a priority to be setup on the site (once I finish the upgrade).
Nov 21, 2017 4:22 am
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

I don't have any major complaints, but I did notice while testing things out with my friend that it was a bit difficult to navigate from a game's description to the game forum itself to find more information and stuff. I think he already sent a message about that. I haven't yet discovered how the subscription to a thread works, since I just thought to test that now, but if there isn't one, a streamlined way to get to any of those from the front page would be a lovely convenience, just like how once you are in a game, there's a convenient blob that lets you get right to it first thing on the front page.

I think those are the only two substantial nuggets of feedback I have for you immediately, but I will be sure to let you know should any useful ideas spring to mind. It's very impressive that, unless I am very mistaken, you've put this together and maintain it by yourself. Keep up the good work!
Nov 21, 2017 5:44 am
From the game's description (the Game Details page) go down to the sticky red bar at the bottom. There, you'll find links to game Tools, Characters involved in that particular game, and that game's Forum.

Conversely, from any of the game's forum pages, the red bar will have a link back to the Game Details page.

EDIT: I should add that those links will only appear as described if you are a participant in said game, or if the game is Public.
Last edited November 21, 2017 6:05 am
Nov 21, 2017 2:04 pm
Welcome! D&D is very popular on the site, but other systems definitely pop up from time to time. I'm in several Pathfinder and D&D games, but also part of Exalted, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Starfinder, Zweihander, and Basic Fantasy RPG games.

I've found that if you have a bit of patience and are willing to GM something, you'll definitely be able to play pretty much any system that you want to.
Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm
@Jabes: Thank you very much for trying to help, but I can't help but feel that I'm missing something. In the Public games that I have browsed the details of, I only find a Game Details link in the red bar which leads me back to the same page it links from. In this first example, I'm not sure I can even navigate to the game's forums without a direct link, as it does not appear in the Game Forums section.
[ +- ] Image
In this second example, I can navigate to the forums, but only because it does appear in the Game Forums section. However, the red bar still seems to only have a link to the Game Details page.
[ +- ] Images
@Naatkinson: I am glad to hear multiple accounts of this being a community open to experimentation and uncommon systems. xD

Again, thank you all for being so hospitable!
Nov 21, 2017 3:52 pm
Hello and welcome.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.