Johnny Come Lately

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 24, 2017 2:26 am
Greetings all from Cruvis!

I am a long-time RPGer having played D&D in some form or another since 1984 (Stranger Things anyone?). I have been running and playing in PbP games for 15 years. My campaign is named Swords of Justice and was begun in 2002 with 2nd edition D&D rules. It soon stepped up to 3.0 and 3.5, later shifting to PF to simplify the skills and feats a little. More recently, it leapfrogged over 4th edition and has settled in nicely as an epic adventure for mid-level D&D 5e characters.

Set in Waterdeep and the Sword Coast, it evolved into something like the Age of Worms Adventure Path after about 5 years of homebrew apocalyptic Dead Three (Bane, Bhaal, Myrkul) stuff. It's second coming will see a sandboxier alliance-building adventure based out of Waterdeep and jutting out in all directions of the Sword Coast region.

I am looking for 8th level good-aligned characters. I am looking for people who can write. Like reading. Are okay with the pace of PbP where the DM posts twice weekly.

I play tabletop D&D 5e and PF. I love MTG; especially Commander. I love card and board games. I am an educator of 20 years who coaches math instructors. I am a counsellor, a parent, a husband, a hockey coach. I am particularly busy. I am an escapist. PbP gives me a time-out to write, twice a week, and plenty of opportunities to interact with other escapists and also read their writing; on the other days.

Cheers!
Last edited November 24, 2017 2:28 am
Nov 24, 2017 2:33 am
Welcome!
Nov 24, 2017 2:36 am
Welcome to the fold! I think you'll fit in nicely here.
Nov 24, 2017 2:45 am
Welcome to GP. Looks like you are clear in your very reasonable expectations.

Quick question. When you say you post twice a week as gm does that mean the players post as they want? Because I know sometimes I post often but small tidbits. It allows for opportunity for interactive dialogue between players. Or do you have a way of setting the game up so each player can post longer posts that are meaningful? (I hope my question is clear)

Peace.
Nov 24, 2017 2:51 am
aaronschmidt says:
Welcome to GP. Looks like you are clear in your very reasonable expectations.

Quick question. When you say you post twice a week as gm does that mean the players post as they want? Because I know sometimes I post often but small tidbits. It allows for opportunity for interactive dialogue between players. Or do you have a way of setting the game up so each player can post longer posts that are meaningful? (I hope my question is clear)

Peace.
I post the results of defined actions twice weekly. Banter in and out of character happens constantly and on the fly. Players post throughout the weeks, whenever they want. Quality, thoughtful posts are strongly encouraged and there is a culture of expectation among my players, so... complete sentences, paragraphing actually, with correct use of dialogue, is strongly encouraged.
Nov 24, 2017 3:03 am
I guess I should say that I typically get back from my players what I put into it. It is rare that players do not recognize that the group is making a certain level of effort and so they typically do their best to model that too. (Hope this isn't sounding too pretentious.)
Nov 24, 2017 6:41 am
Welcome Cruvis! Be sure to post about your game in the Games Tavern; it'll get the most attention there. That said, awesome to have you, and with your PbP experience, I look forward to hearing your thoughts/feedback about GP!
Nov 24, 2017 10:11 am
Welcome!
Nov 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Welcome from another ol' timer!
Nov 24, 2017 5:23 pm
Welcome! I'm very impressed that you've managed to keep a game going for that long! That's not an easy feat in any type of environment!
Nov 25, 2017 2:30 pm
Welcome, Cruvis!
Nov 25, 2017 7:45 pm
Naatkinson says:
Welcome! I'm very impressed that you've managed to keep a game going for that long! That's not an easy feat in any type of environment!
To be honest, I found the game moved best (with the best pace and storytelling) when I was running 2e and now 5e. Combat was too lengthy for PbP with 3.x and PF, in my honest opinion. 5e has been a huge breath of fresh air for PbP! The story is moving again!
Nov 30, 2017 2:34 am
Hello and welcome, although, this is for introductions. We have another section for posting games you want to run...
Nov 30, 2017 9:26 pm
kalajel says:
Hello and welcome, although, this is for introductions. We have another section for posting games you want to run...
Sorry, looks like I killed two birds with one stone. ;)
Dec 1, 2017 12:33 am
Well, Keleth did't gave you any crap for this, so I think it's okay...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.