Genesis Interest Asian Steampunk game 1 Openings)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 28, 2017 2:29 am
So who has the core rulebook? I don't think I've seen this pitched yet on the site for a setting unsure if I'd like to use a tone only skimmed for a bit. But alternate reality Japan with Steampunk there would be magic also. Any interest?
Last edited March 1, 2018 1:49 am
Nov 28, 2017 5:40 am
Some interest here, sure. Not sure when I get the CRB.
Nov 28, 2017 2:44 pm
No worries, I think GeneSys went the opposite way the fan setting SkyWars went.
Nov 28, 2017 3:20 pm
Interested. Though I also do not have the CRB and will not be getting it until it shows up in my FLGS (I prefer to give them my business even tho it's often more expensive and slower :/).

I do however have plenty of familiarity with the Star Wars version of the system which I hope can get one by for the main things...
Nov 28, 2017 3:50 pm
How the system works I think lends itself a lot to 'what to do' if people are familiar with SW by FFG (It's the sheet we'll be using) but character creation is a bit different I think, still need to read up on magic also.

Edit: Link to game as requested.
Last edited November 28, 2017 5:07 pm
Nov 30, 2017 3:55 am
I’m also interested but without a rule book. Really looking forward to getting it but not sure when I can grab it.
Dec 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Got my rulebook!

What do we need to know to create a character? Races? Careers? Skill list? XP? Monies? etc.?
Dec 27, 2017 9:33 pm
You had me at streampunk though I know not the game we are basing it in/on.
Dec 27, 2017 9:38 pm
Unknown6425 says:
You had me at streampunk though I know not the game we are basing it in/on.
It's called Genesys, it's the narrative dice system from FFGs Star Wars series of games, but yanked out of the Star Wars setting and organized as a tool set to craft a system for whatever setting you want.
Dec 28, 2017 9:42 am
Very interested. Would love to try out Genesys.
Dec 28, 2017 7:26 pm
This sounds awesome!!!! I am interested!!!!!
Dec 28, 2017 7:49 pm
emsquared says:
Got my rulebook!

What do we need to know to create a character? Races? Careers? Skill list? XP? Monies? etc.?
Make a stock character within the Steampunk setting.
Unknown6425 says:
This sounds awesome!!!! I am interested!!!!!
Link to game there's one slot left I believe.
Last edited December 28, 2017 7:50 pm
Dec 28, 2017 8:05 pm
I do not have any rulebook etc. Nor have I ever played this system. Does anyone know of some free content or something I can use?
Dec 28, 2017 8:58 pm
Unknown6425 says:
I do not have any rulebook etc. Nor have I ever played this system. Does anyone know of some free content or something I can use?
Not a lot of people have played unless they got in on one of the games at Gen Con this year before it was released. I think there's the PDF version which would be cheaper but not free out. If you wanted to play we could go and try and figure something out off the concept you have for a character, due to the logistics of people getting the book plus the season I think I had a player go inactive also though.
Jan 9, 2018 5:32 pm
I just got the book from DTRPG; any chance there is a space left?
Jan 9, 2018 6:04 pm
Well I did have a new player that hasn't posted anything and went inactive. Invite sent. My apologies in advance... Bright side no appearances of Fen possible...
Feb 23, 2018 7:06 pm
Due to real life conflicts I'm down a few players. Looking for two players who would like to try a Genesys Game one shot (we're kind of still early into things).
Mar 1, 2018 1:19 am
I'd play if this is still open, Remnant.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.