Share the creativity

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 15, 2014 5:30 am
I'm excited to announce a feature I've been wanting to add for a while, and the first step in building Gamers Plane into a social community: the Character Library!

First, now when you make a character, you designate it as a PC, NPC, or Mob. Then, you can add your character to the Character Library, allowing others to see it! And if someone likes your character, they can favorite it to get to it quickly. And we did think about a situation of you wanting to share a character, but not wanting other players in a game that character is in to see it. If your character is in a game, it won't show up in the Library for any player in that game. Gotta keep those secret stats safe, don't we?

If you want to share a character, simply go to Characters off the top menu, and you should see a new book icon next to all of your characters. Simply click it to add your character to the Library. Click again to remove it. If you want to favorite someone else's character, while viewing it, you can see a tassel icon at the top right, under the main header. Clicking will add the character to your favorites. You can click again to remove, or click on the tassel next to the character on your main characters page.

I will be expanding the system once I tackle a few other. I want to add a tag system, so you can mark down features, making it easier for people to find your character. I will also be adding some stat tracking to see what's popular, and I'm considering a rating system. We'll see how that comes together.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions about how we can expand or improve the Library, don't hesitate to let us know!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.