New Meat!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 1, 2017 6:32 pm
Hello everyone!

I heard about the site through the podcast You Meet In A Tavern and immediately had to come and check it out.

I'm relatively new to the RPG world, I've played two Pathfinder games (one partial and one complete) both of which went into Mythic tiers; and I'm currently in two different 5e games IRL. I'm also interested in potentially trying out Call of Cthulhu or Fate systems in the future as both of those sound interesting to me.

I have a lot of characters I deeply love, and I am always chomping at the bit for more people to play with and different game styles. I'm open to pretty much any genre, though my favorite is fantasy. I'm open to any alignment and and any rating personally.

My favorite class is Rogue but I've played a few other classes and I'm not opposed to trying out new classes and new roles.

I'm new to PbP format for these types of games, but I used to spend ages on role play forums so I'm familiar with the novel style posts and interaction between players.

I'm open to meeting new people and playing new games, I'm excited to talk to everyone :)
Dec 1, 2017 6:35 pm
Welcome MagpieCooper! Don't fret to being new; I like to think we have a great community here, specially new player friendly. I had no idea we had been mentioned on You Meet In A Tavern. Do you know what episode it was? I will say that 5e is the most popular system here, but the others pop up all the time; hopefully you'll find something you like!
Dec 1, 2017 6:36 pm
Welcome!
Dec 1, 2017 7:44 pm
Welcome!
Dec 1, 2017 7:58 pm
Yea it was mentioned in episode 16; it was a Q&A episode and the DM Joe mentioned the site and I immediately had to come check it out.
Dec 2, 2017 11:33 am
Welcome!
Dec 2, 2017 12:23 pm
Welcome MagpieCooper, how you find many shinies for your collection here. There are people of all experiences here and this isn't the sort of hobby that experience leads to a better time. Enthusiasm, willingness to immerse, and to respect others, are the only necessities.
Dec 2, 2017 1:09 pm
Welcome to GP. Make sure you check out games in the gamers tavern forum. I am with you that I am always looking for different play styles. So much fun to see what other peiple bring to the gaming table (IRL or digital)
Dec 3, 2017 2:06 am
Welcome! Play by Post is a great way to try out new systems.
Dec 4, 2017 2:14 am
Hello and welcome! Bard is my personal favorite...
Dec 4, 2017 9:30 am
Welcome to GP! Happy gaming!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.