nWoD dice results possible bug

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 26, 2015 12:57 pm
Could you look into changing how results are outputted for nWod dice rolls? Don't know the level of work it would entail but heres a bit of background:
In the Hunter the Vigil I'm currently in the nWoD rolling dice 'works' since it rolls dice plus there's rolling aces as a check box available. Mechanically for the system it's all d10s that you roll. You don't total the dice but count successes (8 or higher on a d10). It gets a bit wonky since at times there are special abilities so you can enact 9 Again (Roll those 9s as if they aced) and 8 Again (more rare) as well. There's also something called a critical success which is five plus successes (you usually just need one unless it's an extended test) and there's a critical failure which is when you roll mostly ones from your poll versus anything else.

It might be a bit of work to look into so I'm not sure if it's doable. I don't think anyone's playing Shadowrun 3rd - 5th Ed but it would be a similar scope for how dice results pan out so there's a bit of reuse if you were going to introduce Shadowrun as well roll mechanics to the site (for counting successes versus dice totals).

Requesting a mechanic that checks for successes (8 plus) on the d10s versus a total of all dice rolled.
Off of this if possible buttons for 9 Again & 8 Again (counts them as a successes if box is checked and rerolls)
Also if possible the critical success and failures would be great.

Again don't know how much work this would entail, in the meantime the workaround is look at the dice, ignore the total and figure out what the results are so it's not a rush.
Jun 26, 2015 4:21 pm
So this isn't a bug but a feature request, but it's one I have planned to work on. It doesn't really work great in my current interface, and I wanna make sure I don't make a really messy interface that's a pain to use, so its been a bit of a slow go.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.