Hey there!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 6, 2017 12:17 pm
Hey there everyone! I've been lurking a bit, trying to get the lay of the land, but its time I introduced myself.

I am a mid 40s, happily married father of three rambunctious kids - two sons and a daughter. With all the various directions life pulls me, my ability to get a group together and game is almost impossible - one game session once every three to six weeks as schedule allows. I had been active on the Paizo site for a while, but life got in the way of my ability to even pursue PBP. Now I find myself having the ability to once again jump into the PBP arena.

I have been gaming since 80s, starting with the BASIC DnD red box. Initially as a player. Then when I discovered 2E AD&D, I jumped head first into GMing and never looked back. Over the years I've developed a style that is 90/10 Improvisation/Planning, wholly theater of the mind. I am not a fan of props in game sessions, seeing them as a crutch that destroys immersion. However, that's me. I also recognize that I am an outlier in that regard and do use mini's from time to time myself when gaming with people who do not enjoy theater of the mind style play.

Anyway, if you'd like to know anything else, shoot me a line!
Dec 6, 2017 12:32 pm
Hi dytrrnikl. The hobby can always use more people that love to GM. I look forward to seeing you run a game here eventually.
Dec 6, 2017 1:06 pm
Welcome dytrrnikl! You're not alone in being a parent with limited time on their hands! And as Linus said, there will never be enough GMs, just like there will never be enough authors (ok, maybe if everyone was a GM, was adamant about GMing, and there were no more players?). Regardless, glad to have you on!
Dec 6, 2017 1:42 pm
Welcome!
Dec 6, 2017 3:03 pm
Welcome to the site :)
Dec 6, 2017 3:46 pm
Welcome!
Dec 6, 2017 4:39 pm
Welcome! :-)
Dec 7, 2017 3:14 am
Howdy!
Dec 7, 2017 3:43 am
Hello and welcome!
Dec 7, 2017 10:46 am
Welcome dytrrnikl! I too am a father of three, and so far this year I have managed to get to an IRL game session a total of TWO times. I'm hoping for a third this coming week but, well, I wouldn't be surprised if it needs to be cancelled for one reason or another. But, GamersPlane to the rescue!
Last edited December 7, 2017 10:46 am
Dec 7, 2017 2:37 pm
Thanks everyone. Right now, I am doing some research, so to speak, on running a game here. Unsure if I will do
STRANGE AEONS Adventure Path from Pathfinder; OR
Homebrew Post Yuxhon Vong pre-Legacy Era d6 Star Wars with some system customization; OR
the 2d20 Star Trek Adventures from Modiphious Entertainment.

I want to get my legs under me first before I move forward. I've participated in a few PBPs but never run one.
Dec 9, 2017 4:29 pm
Welcome!
Dec 9, 2017 11:12 pm
Welcome!
Dec 10, 2017 2:54 am
Welcome to the site!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.