Site downtime this weekend (12/9-10)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 7, 2017 10:55 pm
Hotly requested, this weekend, probably Saturday evening EST, Gamers' Plane will have some downtime as I try to get SSL working properly on the site and API. Hopefully it won't be down long; I already have the certificate. However, as I've never done this before, we'll see how it goes.

For those unaware, SSL will make the site more secure. If you've logged into GP on Chrome (and I'm sure other browsers say it now too) and gotten a message that the site isn't secure, that's what this is meant to address.
Dec 8, 2017 6:31 pm
As always, thank you for all the work you do to make an already awesome site even better! We really appreciate that you're working to keep us safe on the internet while we're busy slaying dragons and whatnot! :-)
Dec 8, 2017 11:40 pm
Keleth says:
If you've logged into GP on Chrome (and I'm sure other browsers say it now too) and gotten a message that the site isn't secure, that's what this is meant to address.
Hmm, weird. I'm using Chrome and I never got that message...
Dec 9, 2017 1:19 am
kalajel says:
Keleth says:
If you've logged into GP on Chrome (and I'm sure other browsers say it now too) and gotten a message that the site isn't secure, that's what this is meant to address.
Hmm, weird. I'm using Chrome and I never got that message...
Depending on settings, it would display a lowercase 'i' in a circle that when you hover would say that your connection is not secure.
Dec 10, 2017 12:58 pm
I'm guessing you didn't get around to it, or it didn't go as planned. Everything ok? Is there any way we can help?
Dec 10, 2017 4:42 pm
Yah, didn't happen last night; got caught up with stuff. It'll happen today.
Dec 10, 2017 4:46 pm
No pressure. Just making sure you don't need some help or something.
Dec 10, 2017 9:33 pm
Gamers' Plane is back online with SSL active!
Dec 10, 2017 10:08 pm
Whoa, that was quick. Nice work, as always, Keleth!
Dec 10, 2017 11:07 pm
Due to how I've had to implement SSL at this point, the quick referral links are temporarily down. The referral links in the footer still work though, so if you're looking at supporting GP this holiday season (Amazon link?), you'll have to click down there for now.
Dec 11, 2017 2:07 am
Nice job, bud. Thanks for the hard work.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.