The reason I'm here.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 10, 2017 4:07 pm
At the risk of sounding like a silly teenager (please, no offense to silly teenagers, I was one not 6 years a go) I'm here because I'm awkward!

Hi! I'm Sosaythedice, or you can just call me Steve. I don't mind first names. You probably wouldn't find me with my last name because it's VERY common but just to play it safe we'll stop there I think ;)

I'm a 25 years young, and on disability for depression and anxiety. The last part is why I'm here. I LOVE roleplaying, but I can't stand to roleplay, in real life, in front of strangers, or via voice chat. I do however, love creative writing!

I was introduced to roleplaying a while back, back when the anxiety wasn't as bad, and had some more friends (my life isn't as depressing as it sounds I promise!) I met a guy who was hosting a 3.5 D&D game at his apartment (before 5e came out, which is better IMO, at least for me). I fell in love with roleplaying and haven't looked back since!

Anyway as I mentioned I do like 5e, But I've also recently discovered the Star Wars RPG's which I think I actually like more! Unfortunately it's very hard to find games online. I think I saw one one here and that's it! I might join a 5e game in the mean time, while I wait.

Any way, Besides roleplaying, like I said, I do creative writing, I also play bass guitar, read, and watch anime (and a a few other shows. I'm a big star wars rebels fan).

Anyway that's it for me. Thanks for reading guys.
Last edited December 10, 2017 4:41 pm
Dec 10, 2017 4:18 pm
Hey, how's it goin' Steve? Welcome to GP!

It looks like there are 7 active Star Wars games at the moment... It's just that only one has any openings (you can filter the list to show full games, to get the full picture of the size of the community).

There were as many as 10 or 11 active games as recently as maybe October or so but for whatever reason a couple have dropped off.

But anyway, this is a great place for creative writers! The Games Tavern is where game openings are usually announced, I would imagine you'll be able to find a 5E game fairly quickly. Good luck! And again, welcome.
Dec 10, 2017 4:39 pm
emsquared says:
It looks like there are 7 active Star Wars games at the moment... It's just that only one has any openings (you can filter the list to show full games, to get the full picture of the size of the community)
Hey thanks for the info! Ya I figured out the filters. I meant that there are no games with openings. Sorry I should have been more specific. There's one that I'm kinda bummed has no openings because it's set in the old republic. I'd like to take a swing at that! Oh well. Hopefully one will pop up soon.
Last edited December 10, 2017 4:39 pm
Dec 10, 2017 4:48 pm
Welcome aboard Steve. I look forward to reading some of your posts if we end up in a game together.
Dec 10, 2017 4:50 pm
Welcome Sosaythedice! I'm a big believer in the therapeutic benefits of RPGs. FFG Star Wars is a great system; it has slowed down a bit as of late. I would recommend making a post in the Games Tavern mentioning your interest in playing one. There may be someone out there considering starting a game, or a GM of an existing game may be interested in bringing on a new player.
Dec 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Welcome! Glad to have you here!
Dec 11, 2017 12:44 am
Welcome to the community :)
Dec 11, 2017 1:29 am
Hello and welcome! Man, I can relate with depression and anxiety. I am a schizoid myself which in itself is a form of mild schizophrenia. Stay strong brother.
Dec 12, 2017 3:36 am
Hello and welcome!
Dec 12, 2017 1:13 pm
Welcome Steve! I totally get ya on the roleplaying in-person. The holiday season really does slow things down around here, but hopefully you get into an active game. I have zero experience and little knowledge of FFG Star Wars, but I hear people love it - even if some are confused by the dice.
If you haven't checked it out yet, there's the New Player Guide.
Also, if you'd like, we have a Discord.
Dec 12, 2017 3:54 pm
Welcome, Steve! Hope you find some games. I know with a Star Wars film coming soon I get the urge to play SW again, but after I go see The Last Jedi I'll probably get all bitter and jaded, haha.
Dec 13, 2017 2:01 pm
Welcome, Steve! You've come to the right place! Looking forward to seeing you around. :-)
Dec 14, 2017 9:35 am
Welcome! If you see a game you really want to join that's full, you can always message the GM and let them know. That way they can keep you in mind for when a spot opens.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.