Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 12, 2017 3:04 am
I have returned to D&D after a 20 year layoff. Played as&day (2e) as a teenager. And now have gotten my wife boss and his wife as well as a couple other friends to play. Since I’m the only one with any experience I am now the dm lol. Discovered play by post while doing 5e research so I thought it would give me a chance to play a character since I’m mostly going to be dming for my friends.

Hopefully I can get the hang of it.
Dec 12, 2017 3:14 am
Welcome!
Dec 12, 2017 3:33 am
Welcome Sclasclemski! PbP can take a bit to get a hang of; its slower, more meticulous, and definitely not for everyone. But if you give it a chance, you can have some of the best RP experiences of your life! Are you really only interested in DnD, or other systems catch your fancy?
Dec 12, 2017 3:34 am
Hello and welcome to the site!
Dec 12, 2017 3:38 am
Welcome!
Dec 12, 2017 4:01 am
Welcome to GP. Let us know if you have any questions.
Dec 12, 2017 4:40 am
hi and welcome
Dec 12, 2017 11:06 am
Keleth says:
Welcome Sclasclemski! PbP can take a bit to get a hang of; its slower, more meticulous, and definitely not for everyone. But if you give it a chance, you can have some of the best RP experiences of your life! Are you really only interested in DnD, or other systems catch your fancy?
I have played world of darkness back in the day but I’d probably also be interested in trying the marvel rpg. I don’t know how many different rule sets I’ll be able to pack into my late thirties brain at this point.
Dec 12, 2017 11:07 am
And thanks everyone for the welcome!
Dec 12, 2017 5:24 pm
Hello and welcome!
Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm
Welcome Sclasclemski! One thing about PBP that differs from the table is that you don't really need to know the rules in advance. You can look stuff up when you post. May lead to laziness, heh.
Dec 12, 2017 6:20 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome Sclasclemski! One thing about PBP that differs from the table is that you don't really need to know the rules in advance. You can look stuff up when you post. May lead to laziness, heh.
Good to know...thanks!
Dec 13, 2017 1:41 pm
Welcome :)
Dec 13, 2017 1:59 pm
Welcome back to the fold, Sclasclemski! I invite you to D&D5E Boot Camp. :-)
Dec 13, 2017 9:01 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Welcome back to the fold, Sclasclemski! I invite you to D&D5E Boot Camp. :-)
Will Do!!! Thanks!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.