Mainly interested in region/nation level gameplay

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 16, 2017 2:33 pm
Hi everyone! You can call me Walker, or Ryan, but I'm sure we'll work something out in the end.

When I was doing online high school, we had this system set up where people could start play-by-post RPGs. They varied pretty widely in quality, but one I always wished I could join was a Lord of the Rings themed game. Instead of playing an individual character, each player took a region (Eriador, Mordor, Lothlorien, etc.) and was responsible for its upkeep, foreign relations, how it managed its armies, stuff like that. Sadly, I got into the scene too late to be a part of it, and it shut down. I mentioned this on Reddit and someone directed me here. DefunctDeity, are you around? Do you have a different username on here?

Anyway, what up? I'm sure I'll be joining games sooner or later, I've got a lot more forum experience than I do digital, and way more than I do at tables. I have mainly played Pathfinder, but I've dabbled in a couple others and am very interested to try new things. I've also been working on designing a system and setting of my own, which you are welcome to hit me up about in PMs.
Dec 16, 2017 2:40 pm
Hi WalkerOfSorrow. Welcome aboard!
Dec 16, 2017 6:12 pm
Welcome WalkerOfSorrow! I didn't know we had a region management game on here; if it's found, I'd love to know about it, as I love that kind of stuff too (always was a big Risk fan). As for the system you're designing, we have a few people working on various projects here whom I'm sure would be glad to give you feedback as well!
Dec 16, 2017 6:30 pm
Thank you both for the warm welcome! I didn't come here knowing anything about the site, so if there is a region management game, great. If not, that's not surprising. I'm here anyway.
Dec 16, 2017 7:17 pm
Kind of reminds me of my friend's failed Starfleet Battles failed campaign where each players controlled a race in the "extended" Original Series Star Trek world... Sadly, SFB is in and of itself a very complex game, so making a campaign of this scope out of it is really difficult... which ironically enough is what pushed me to start working on a fact paced squadron to fleet-based starship combat system...

Oh, and hello and welcome.
Dec 16, 2017 9:09 pm
People keep recommending sci-fi. It's so weird. I have so little interest conquering a star system because of the sheer amount of interplanetary plasma and "practically empty" space. I would much rather own the Netherlands, because I can walk or ride horseback from one end of my realm to the other.

I can't really explain it better than that. It doesn't have to be medieval, but I'd prefer to have it be on a single world.

Hi, marithyme!
Dec 28, 2017 1:00 pm
WalkerOfSorrow says:
People keep recommending sci-fi. It's so weird. I have so little interest conquering a star system because of the sheer amount of interplanetary plasma and "practically empty" space. I would much rather own the Netherlands, because I can walk or ride horseback from one end of my realm to the other.

I can't really explain it better than that. It doesn't have to be medieval, but I'd prefer to have it be on a single world.

Hi, marithyme!
Take your ship then ride your tonton on the frozen wastes of Hoth, take your ship again and go party with the Ewoks of the forested moon of Endor, then take your ship again and go pod racing on Tatooine... :P

You do not have permission to post in this thread.