Interest Check: The Strange

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 6, 2018 5:13 am
I picked the game up from the Humble Bundle last night and I've been enjoying the core book, so far. I like what I see, I think this would be a fun game to play. Anyone else interested? Anyone want to run a game of it?
Jan 6, 2018 5:01 pm
I'm in, as player or GM. I ran a weird west game here (called the Strange West) using the Strange, as well as an Ancient Aliens based modern day game IRL. I think that it is my second favourite game, after Vampire: The Masquerade.
Jan 6, 2018 5:15 pm
That's awesome! Both of those sound super fun.
Jan 6, 2018 7:48 pm
I don't feel a bunch of pull towards the core setting, with investigators from The Estate x-filing around. I do love love the universe hopping elements.

What about you, what sorts of things or themes would you like to explore in The Strange?
Jan 6, 2018 10:20 pm
I was debating picking up the bundle, but I just decided to pull the trigger. Count me in if you don't mind a little hand holding until I get up to speed on the system.
Jan 8, 2018 3:54 am
I love the world hopping bit of it all. The book says the point of the game is exploration, but I haven't seen many mechanics yet that support that. I think a game of exploration would be super cool.

Relic hunters would be fun. Cross-recursion bounty hunters would be entertaining, as well.
Jan 8, 2018 1:08 pm
The tone's a bit different but conceptually it reminds of Robert Asprin's Myth series.
Jan 8, 2018 2:02 pm
I'm up for it if a game is started.
Jan 8, 2018 2:31 pm
With three players, I think we can go. I'll put up the game in the next couple days.

SharkBone proffered relic hunting and bounty hunting as two possible core raison d'etres. I think those are awesome reasons to take advantage of the realm hopping aspects of The Strange. If any of your watch The Blacklist, maybe that premise is something to work in, too.
Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
UPDATE: GAME HAS LAUNCHED AND IS FULL. Thanks.
Jan 23, 2018 1:30 am
Its currently full at 4 players. A fifth isnt a huge problem, but unless you could have a character ready in the next 24 hours, we would have to do something funky to squeeze you in. Interested?
Jan 23, 2018 1:35 am
I could, if I know the system better. That said I am more then interested and I can try to get one out. I can read quick and I already understand the Cypher System pretty well so it would just be getting to know the setting really.
Last edited January 24, 2018 12:25 am
Jan 23, 2018 1:39 am
Had a selfish, joke playing, bounty hunter in mind reading this forum. She is on the weaker side in regards to strength and will work with a team knowing theu can help keep her alive. She is selfish but understands the benefit of a team or allies.
Jan 23, 2018 2:03 am
I sent you an invite, but we already have a "who collects bounties" so you would have to not use that foci.
Jan 23, 2018 4:20 am
Wait humble bundle has RPG books?
Jan 23, 2018 4:37 am
Bundleofholding.com
Jan 23, 2018 7:15 am
No problem, just a rough idea but her job need not be her focus.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.