Happy New Year! And Anniversary Contest!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 9, 2018 4:01 pm
Happy New Year!

2017 was an interesting year of growth for Gamers' Plane. As the stats I presented last month showed, the community grew a lot, and a lot of that was regardless of me. I saw a number of you guys posting about GP in places you frequent, and that's the best way GP's going to grow. Last year was rough, personally, and I'm hoping I can do better this year. I didn't really market GP as well as I would have liked; my podcast visibility for GP was pretty low, and I invested a lot of time into other projects (Lawful Good Gaming, Roll4Change, the AcadeCon Registration site).

But on to 2018. First and foremost, we have a 4 Year Anniversary contest! Thanks to the amazing folks at Dog Might Games and our very own HypoCo, we have some neat prizes to give away:

- 4 Dog Might Dragon Sheaths, anything goes (seriously, any wood, sculpts, whatever... this is a RIDICULOUS prize!)
- $25 for DriveThruRPG
- $25 for Easy Roller Dice Co

So how we're giving these away:

#1) 2 Dragon Sheaths, $25 for DTRPG, and $25 for Easy Roller Dice Co:
Gamers' Plane 4th Anniversary Giveaway

This is open to anyone.

#2) 1 Dragon Sheath
If you were an active GP member any time from October 1st and when this post was made, you're automatically entered to win. No need to post anywhere or do anything. Hopefully someone who signed up, made a post, and then vanished doesn't win :p But at my discretion, if the person who wins isn't "active", I'll draw someone else.

#3) 1 Dragon Sheath
In line with my work with various causes through Lawful Good Gaming and Roll4Change, the last Dragon Sheath will be given away through a charity donation. From the last LGG season, I've chosen Conservation International. To enter, go to their donate page, make a donation of any value, and email me (contact@gamersplane.com) a screenshot of the confirmation (blank out personal information if possible), and for every $1 you donate, you'll get one entry. If you donated to them since September, including LGG game donations, you can send me that confirmation to be entered as well.

This contest is also open to anyone!
So beyond the contests, Gamers' Plane growth and development. First, Gamers' Plane has a Discord server up! Nothing fancy, but in case you want to play with GP members in real time, be it TTRPGs or video games, or just chat! I will eventually have a chat server built into GP, but that's not coming up soon.

Next, I'm making good progress on the site update, and the new site will be responsive! I'm not a great designer, so I can't say how good the new designs will look, but I'm doing my best. I'm going to try to have a demo up soon, which actually won't look way different from the old demo, but hopefully will be faster, and give you guys an idea of what's going on. I'm going to try to get onto more podcasts this year to keep promoting GP, since last year fell kinda flat.

As always, thank you all for your support of this site. I want to remind you about the donation links at the bottom of the site. With more members coming in, the site is slowing down, so I'll be boosting the server. That unfortunately does mean higher costs. So if you're making a purchase through one of the sites I have referral links up for, consider using my link. Additionally, if you want to help out with the site itself, there are a number of things I could use a hand with.

Here's to a great year!
Jan 9, 2018 8:20 pm
Happy anniversary GP! Looking forward to many more years to come
Jan 9, 2018 9:22 pm
Congrats on the anniversary!
Jan 9, 2018 9:38 pm
Nice giveaway. Thanks to everyone.
Jan 10, 2018 2:18 am
Congrats, Ro, on another anniversary. And wow, such a great contest, too!
Jan 10, 2018 5:41 am
Congratulations, and thank you for this awesome platform
Feb 2, 2018 9:17 pm
Very cool giveaway's. Thanks Keleth and Hyp.
When does the contest end?
Feb 2, 2018 9:19 pm
DM_Apexwolf says:
Very cool giveaway's. Thanks Keleth and Hyp.
When does the contest end?
7 days. As I haven't gotten any donations yet, I'll probably fold that over into the GP users contest.
Feb 11, 2018 9:35 pm
Keleth says:

Next, I'm making good progress on the site update, and the new site will be responsive!
This is a big step, thank you for all the work. I'm looking forward to this.
Feb 18, 2018 3:37 am
Still reaching out to winners, so no definitive list yet!
Mar 10, 2018 3:46 pm
Dog Might Games reached out and is currently making my custom Dragon Sheath! I'll post pics when it arrives.

Thanks Again!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.