[..with clear heart and open mind..]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 17, 2018 5:05 pm
Good day and fine health to you all!

I finally made it back through the Modifier archives (http://oneshotpodcast.com/category/podcasts/modifier/) to Episode 13, featuring Rohit & Gamers Plane. So, here I am.

This seems like an amazing platform to try out new and different systems. I have mostly run D&D 5e as my game group is pretty traditional. I, on the other hand, find myself reading a new rpg almost weekly. I want to try them all!

I would like to play in a game or two before deigning to run one as I am completely unfamiliar with the platform.
I've already sent out a few feelers for a couple of the Numenera games running on GP.
Otherwise, I am taking some time to build my character library and sneak a peek at a few public games.

I am particularly interested in exploring Apocalypse World and PBTA games here down the road, particularly Fraser Simons' The Veil.
Other games I am hot on right now: Ryuutama, Itras By, Into The Odd...

I listen to about a dozen RPG podcasts and just want to try and familiarize myself with as many games as possible.

Though I suspect that they are not entirely suited to the PbP platform, I have also been extremely into Micro/Nano RPGs of late, specifically the 200 Word RPG Challenge and #280rpg. Just thought I would mention this as an additional interest of mine which I am happy to discuss with anyone else in the community! All of my (budding) design work has been focused on Micros.

Cheers!
Jan 17, 2018 5:15 pm
Welcome deo_non_gratias! A great variety of games in your interest, a bunch I've never even heard of. Unfortunately, I don't see nearly enough indie games here, and PbtA games do great in PbP, so hopefully we see a lot more of them! Glad to have you with us!
Jan 17, 2018 5:26 pm
Welcome to the site!
Jan 17, 2018 7:20 pm
Keleth says:
Welcome deo_non_gratias! A great variety of games in your interest, a bunch I've never even heard of. Unfortunately, I don't see nearly enough indie games here, and PbtA games do great in PbP, so hopefully we see a lot more of them! Glad to have you with us!
Thanks Keleth!
SO glad to finally explore the possibilities of PbP.
Jan 17, 2018 8:08 pm
Welcome deo_non_gratias!
Jan 19, 2018 2:22 am
Welcome to the site. I also am big on my rpg podcasts.
Jan 19, 2018 4:20 am
Welcome! PbP is a great place to try out new games.
Jan 19, 2018 3:18 pm
aaronschmidt says:
Welcome to the site. I also am big on my rpg podcasts.
@aaronschmidt:

Any faves I may be missing out on?
I'm currently tapped into:
Modifier
One Shot Podcast
Stop, Hack & Roll
System Mastery
The Gauntlet Podcast
Pocket-Sized Play
+1 Forward
Tabletop Babble

CHeers!
Jan 21, 2018 2:47 am
@deo_non_gratias, are you looking to join a Pathfinder game?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.