LFG Shadowrun 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm
Hello my player name is Joshua, I am currently part of a group that does a Shadowrun Campaign and I wanted to put my character online and run him on a PbP game as well. My character is named Huginn Muginn, he is an ork mystic adapt, designed with street level rules. Growing up on the fringe of society, Huginn not only is an unregistered magic user, he also doesn't have a SIN - not even a fake one. Without any formal education, Huginn lacks many of the skills that most people take for granted - and even something as simple as making a call on a comlink is challenging for him. He has the traits Uneducated and Incompetent (Electronics). It would be easy to write him off as a stereotypical dumbass ork, but in truth Huginn is anything but.

Huginn and Magic

As an unregistered spellcaster, Huginn obviously doesn't go around hurling fireballs... his spells are much more subtle. As a youth he encountered the raven spirit, who became his guide. Huginn and Muninn are the names of Odin's ravens in Norse mythology, and obviously Huginn adopted the name not only to conceal his true identity but to venerate his spirit guide as well. Huginn can cast Mind Probe, Improved Invisibility, Control Thoughts, Alter Memory, and Shapechange. He also has the Mystic adapt powers improved reflexes (2), combat sense (1), facial sculpt (1), critical strike (blades), enhanced accuracy (blades)

Huginn and Shadowrunning

Huginn is a natural infiltrator, with the ability to change his facial features, become invisible, or change into animal forms. He is skilled in stealth, disguise and impersonation. He is very charismatic, and his social confidence along with his raven spirit make him a talented con man. When it comes to violence, Huginn prefers to strike from the shadows with his blade. He is a talented swordsman, even though he is fairly runty for an ork. Despite his many talents, his inability to operate complex technology often finds him leaning on other members of the group. He is also not much of a magic user, besides his ability to cast spells, he has no other magical training or ability to perceive the astral world.

As you can see by now, Huginn doesn't fit any particular archetype, instead he is a uniquely skilled runner cobbled together from bits and pieces of other archetypes. He comes with a rich history, background and personal style. I hope you will consider adding him to your team for future games. Feel free to view character sheet.
Last edited January 19, 2018 6:57 pm
Jan 19, 2018 6:53 pm
About the Player: Eastern Time Zone, Works from Home. Travels often, 3-5 day spells of limited availability. 22 years of Pen and Paper RPG experience, Amateur fiction writer. Limited experience with PbP and new to this site. Open to other games/characters but prefer to work with sci-fi settings.
Jan 20, 2018 1:51 am
Hi Huggin, I have a SR game just getting started. It had a bit of a false start as two of the players went MIA within the first 2 weeks. I have 2 active players still going if you are interested.

The game is not street level but if your character has been accumulating karma over time you are probably at an even keel with the current characters.

I will send you an invite.
Jan 20, 2018 1:54 am
Invite should have been sent. The Game is called Chrome and Bone
Jan 22, 2018 8:59 pm
Sounds good, I have updated the character sheet to meet the starting specifications, as I already had a version of his character built that way. Not much changes other than he also will know Wudang Sword and starts with Iajutsu

You do not have permission to post in this thread.