Feature Request: First Unread Post

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 21, 2018 6:15 pm
I know that we have the feature to jump to the latest post in a thread, and I know that we can see indicators that there are unread posts. I'm wondering if we can somehow combine the two and add the ability to jump to the "first unread post."

For example, if the last post in Thread A was Post 14, and 5 people posted after that, "Latest Post" would jump to Post 19. I'd like to be able to jump to Post 15 instead, and read on from there.
Jan 21, 2018 6:54 pm
Eeer... if you mean the tiny black icons next to a thread that shows it has unread posts... clicking on that will go to the first unread post.
Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm
Keleth says:
Eeer... if you mean the tiny black icons next to a thread that shows it has unread posts... clicking on that will go to the first unread post.
Love this feature. :)
Jan 21, 2018 7:39 pm
Keleth says:
Holy crap! I did not know this existed! Looks like we were the only ones, CancerMan!
Jan 21, 2018 7:46 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Holy crap! I did not know this existed! Looks like we were the only ones, CancerMan!
Yep, just you and CancerMan.

(I had NO idea that's what that icon did. :-))
Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm
Whoa! Surprise feature unlocked... I love it! (I realise that feature has probably been there forever but I never noticed/understood it until now.)
Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm
I'm sorry guys, I modeled the forums after phpBB because of its popularity; I figured people knew that existed.
Jan 22, 2018 12:48 am
Keleth says:
Whaaa...?! (Mind=blown)
Jan 22, 2018 3:18 am
I didn't even see that icon until now.

Thanks Keleth!
Jan 26, 2018 9:25 am
Me either. Sounds lime this needs to be front page news Keleth.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.