Feature Request: Game Link in GM Stats Section

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 23, 2018 6:57 pm
Hello!

I'm still new here, so if this feature already exists (and I just can't find it), or if there's a way to enable the function (and I just can't find it), then instead please accept my apologies for the needless post. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

That said, when I look up a Gamer's profile I notice how some of them are running games (as shown in the GM Stats section of their profile). That section includes an image containing the system the game is using and an icon for that system. However, there's no way to link to that game, or its Details page to be exact. I think that it might be useful to implement such a feature as I tend to look into games being run by people whom I enjoy interacting with and whose writing I appreciate. A quick "short cut" to finding what games they run would be to go into their profile and (were such an option available) click on their games.

I know that when you list games available to Join, you can see the name of the person who is running it, but I still think that the ability to link to the person's game from within their profile is beneficial.

Thanks for your time.

-Demagor
Jan 23, 2018 7:14 pm
Thanks for bringing it up Demagor. This is on the planned roadmap, but a touch off. The current big project is rewriting the site into a v2 basically. It'll be the same site, but function better (I hope), and make it easier for me to update it moving forward. I'll be adding some small features here and there (easier forum navigation for one), but once it's done, I'll dive into some bigger features, such as easier game searching, which will include this.
Jan 23, 2018 7:42 pm
Keleth,

That sounds good. I certainly wasn't expecting you guys would drop everything and make that happen; I just wanted to get that feedback out there and hope that it fell into one Things to Do list or another.

I'm happy to know it'll be done soon and that you guys are on it.

Thanks again!

-Dem
Jan 23, 2018 7:49 pm
Just as an FYI, there's no "guys" (plural) on this, just me :)
Jan 23, 2018 7:54 pm
Keleth says:
Just as an FYI, there's no "guys" (plural) on this, just me :)
One Keleth is equivalent to many guys.
Jan 23, 2018 7:59 pm
I meant "guys" in the complimentary sense of course, where you do SO much work, it would lead someone to believe that you have an entire team of programmers, promoters, recruiters, a copyright department, an editing staff, an art and design department, even an HR department.

You're that good.
Last edited January 23, 2018 7:59 pm
Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm
Demagor says:
I meant "guys" in the complimentary sense of course, where you do SO much work, it would lead someone to believe that you have an entire team of programmers, promoters, recruiters, a copyright department, an editing staff, an art and design department, even an HR department.

You're that good.
Heh, I appreciate that. Though mind, all those positions are currently open :D
Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm
Is the position of Coffee Enthusiast and Addict still available? I'd like to apply.
Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm
Demagor says:
Is the position of Coffee Enthusiast and Addict still available? I'd like to apply.
Get in line. I have seniority! ;)
Jan 23, 2018 9:52 pm
Moofsalot says:
Demagor says:
Get in line. I have seniority! ;)
I'm sure we can get enough coffee to warrant two people in that department.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.