Posting published material?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 12, 2015 6:49 pm
Hey, it's me again.

Part of the reason I made my other thread asking about rolling start is that I'm thinking of maybe starting a game of Undiscovered (I've owned the damn thing since 2001, I think it's about damn time I get some use out of it other than inspiration for other games...).

Problem is, the game is discontinued and the company which published it went down under. Even though it is possible to get the rulebook, or just the Player's Codex for character creation, both in pdf or print for pretty cheap if you know where to look, I'm not going to ask people to buy them, so I was wondering what was the policy about posting published material on here.

Of course, it would not be 100% the rules as they are: I did noticed some things which needs to be tinkered with (for one, the races are grossly unbalanced, and I really want to get rid of the whole "3rd attack every 2nd round" and "5th attack every 2nd round" clunky mechanics). So it would not exactly be published material, but mostly the published material with my own homebrew included in it.
Jul 12, 2015 7:15 pm
That's a fantastic question, and one I'll have to figure out, legally speaking. If the company is no longer existing, then I'm doubtful someone will come forward asking for its removal. I'll have to check, but while I won't put anything up officially, I'm leaning to the balance: you can post stuff up in a game forum, but if I receive a C&D, I may have to delete the game. Let me confirm before I give an official answer.
Jul 12, 2015 9:46 pm
Okay, because honestly, I'd hate to have to force players to buy/own a book in order to play my game, even if they are available for cheap nowadays...
Jul 12, 2015 11:29 pm
It makes perfect sense, and a policy that seems to have been followed so far. I think for now, my guideline would be: don't think to published material directly on Gamers' Plane. However, if you get players and then decide to get in touch with them and send them material, I can't stop you, can I? :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.