I had been thinking.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 10, 2018 7:21 am
I like to think of odd and different ways to play races and classes and while thinking I wondered if there was a Savimg Throw combo not used by any class. Turns out there are two. Con/Int and Wis/Str. I had begun thinking about what type of class would have those as ST's.
Con/Int, maybe an arcane user focused on staying alive.
Wis/Str, could be a type of monk but they already exsist.

So let us discuss what kind of class you all think could use those two sets of ST's.
Feb 10, 2018 1:16 pm
Con/Int I see as a class which focuses on augmenting themself. How about a Lich? Could also be some kind of Arcane cyborg.

Wis/Str does seem like a variation on a Monk. Although what would you get if you turn it on it’s head? Something which achieves enlightenment through feats of strength, as opposed to the other way around? (Not sure where I’m going with this yet but an Indian Fakir has popped into my head for some reason.)
Feb 10, 2018 5:51 pm
For some reason, Con/Int kind of reminds me of the old 3.X psionics. In 3.0, your save depended on a different attribute depending on which discipline you specialized in, and egoists used Con, but then in 3.5 they retconned it all to use Int instead, no matter what discipline you specialize in. But Con/Int does sound a bit "body and mind". So, a psionic class or a monk class which specializes more on honing both body and mind and have both being in harmony instead of just being some wuxia stand-in would probably fill the bill best.

Wis/Str does feels paladin-ish to me. Perhaps a templar or crusader type class?

Len

Feb 11, 2018 3:10 am
Con / Int makes me think artificer or alchemist who must struggle with big intellectual issues and explosions caused by failed experiments.

Wis / Str makes me think of a warlord. Wisdom saves seem used to resist mental domination effects, and strength saves are for resisting physical forces. In a fantasy world, you'd want your leader to resist those things!
Feb 11, 2018 3:56 am
Here's mine:

Con/Int makes me think of some kind of oafish barbarian that teaches itself magic.

Wis/Str actually makes me think of a bodyguard.
Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm
I would mirror kalajel's idea about CON/INT. I psion who controls their own physical augmentations or who can possibly manipulate the minds of others.

WIS/STR reminds me of a kind of military general or high chieftain. A barbarian/ranger combo of traits, perhaps. Or a holy warrior.
Feb 13, 2018 3:00 pm
Wis/str would be good for a multi-classed barbarian/cleric, which you could homebrew into a custom Shaman class. Without going to that trouble, though, I could see a DM allowing a player to take the wis/str combo on the understanding that they will do a barb/cleric multiclass.

Or a barb/druid.
Last edited February 13, 2018 3:00 pm
Feb 13, 2018 5:53 pm
Those are different and new ways then I was thinking. I never thought of psionics and warlord never came to me, after reading I feel like it should have been top of my list though.

Let's keep going with thay if anyone has more but lets add something.
I know there are 'strong'(CON,DEX,WIS) and 'weak'(STR,INT,CHA) saves. How bad would it be to start with two 'strong' ones, or better put, what weakness would fit to allow that combo?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.