Red Markets - Adulting in the Apocalypse *LFP*

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 12, 2018 3:04 am
Alright folks, I'm giving Red Markets another go now with the full corebook in hand. Looking for 3-5 players for full campaign play. We'll begin by collectively designing the Enclave the PCs operate out of, then complete character creation and go from there. The game will follow our PCs as they struggle to survive in (and perhaps even escape from) the cutthroat capitalist society of a Walking Dead-esque zombie apocalypse.

We meet our PCs five years after the Crash. They support themselves and their loved ones as the crazy few who go out into the Loss to scavenge and complete jobs for others. They are known as Takers.

Game Details

I expect that most folks have very little experience with Red Markets so players new to the game are welcome.
Last edited June 23, 2018 11:44 pm
Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm
I’m actually listening to the RPPR Brutalists Actual Play for this game right now, because I’ve been on the fence about buying the book. I’d be interested in giving the game a shot, but I’ll admit the podcast hasn’t really been to clear on the mechanics of gameplay, so I’d be in the dark for most of the process.
Feb 12, 2018 5:12 pm
Happy to have new players.

Haven't listened to that one, but I did listen to the one they did on the One Shot podcast LINK

I thought they did a decent job of introducing mechanics there.
Last edited February 12, 2018 5:13 pm
Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm
I quite like the system partly because there is one simple mechanic that applies to all/almost all situations. I believe the rules evolved somewhat during the RPPR broadcasts, so the systems in the earlier episodes might be somewhat different than later ones.
Feb 14, 2018 3:38 pm
UPDATE: We currently have four players and have been collaboratively designing the setting. The PCs will be operating out of an Enclave formed in the underground city beneath Seattle.

We're still discussing factions and interesting NPCs before we get into character creation. So there's still time to join. If there's interest I'd be happy to add a couple more players.
Feb 23, 2018 2:32 am
Still looking for players. We actually lost one of our initial players due to IRL stuff before we even got out of the gate.

Its okay if you don't have the book. the mechanics are fairly simple and I'm happy to explain as we go.
Feb 23, 2018 3:31 am
I'll bite, if you'll have a first-timer. Red Markets' has been on my wwishlist for a while, and this'd give me a good excuse to finally pony up and add it to my collection :D
Feb 23, 2018 3:37 am
Absolutely, first timers welcome!
Feb 23, 2018 3:50 am
Neato! Shoot me an invite, and I'll start pouring over this PDF. I'm sure I can conjure SOMETHING up :)
Feb 23, 2018 6:47 am
Hrm. I don't seem to have an invite. Weird.
Feb 23, 2018 12:09 pm
Weird. Shows it as sent in the game details page you can just go directly there and apply to the game as well LINK
Jun 23, 2018 11:43 pm
Looking for a replacement player. Respond here or PM if interested.
Jul 5, 2018 1:47 pm
Damn I've been dying to try Red Markets - the first half of the book is amazing but I've haven't yet had the attention span to make it through 300 pages of rules haha. Anyway, my dance card is kinda full right now with games, but if you didn't mind a potential bit of irregularity in posting, I'd totally jump in.
Jul 5, 2018 1:57 pm
I'm a first time but it sounds super interesting. Shoot me a message if you'll have me.
Jul 5, 2018 4:22 pm
The game is geared toward new players to Red Markets so we are explaining things as we go. I'm happy to have you both. Id prefer to have folks that can play fairly regularly. I like to shoot for a post a day from everyone at least during the week. If you'd like to dip your toes in first you could play as a character from a player who has gone idle.
Jul 6, 2018 7:02 pm
I think we're good on players for now, but if someone else is interested let me know.
Oct 16, 2018 4:33 pm
We have had some turn over of late. We're doing a bit of a reset and wanted to see if anyone was interested in joining up.

We have room for 1-3 players. Happy to teach the system for those unfamiliar with it.
Oct 28, 2018 7:53 pm
Bump. We're about to reset the game. Now would be a great time to join. Any last minute Takers?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.