LFP - D&D 5E - Adventures in the Forgotten Realms

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 12, 2018 4:47 pm
Edit: Game is full and therefore closed at the moment.

Hi guys!

I'm new on gamersplane and I'm pretty impressed how active this community seems.

A bit about myself: I'm Stephan, 27 years old and I come from Germany. As I'm currently studying Computer Science I am quite busy, so I'm searching for a way to play rpgs in a less time-consuming way.
I've played rpgs for several years now, and the system I played the most was D&D 5E. The Forgotten Realms are my favoured setting and I plan on DMing a game based in the Realms.

This will be my first play-by-post game, so please be kind as I'm learning how to DM such a game, but feel free to give me feedback!

So I am searching for 3-5 players that want to take part in a D&D 5E game. I would like to be the DM (I have most of the official rule- and sourcebooks). I have not decided on a campaign, yet, but I plan on doing a "short" introduction and then transitioning to one of the official campaigns for 5E (if there are any preferences, please let me know if you want to join). You as the player do not need to have any experience in D&D, as D&D 5E is a fairly easy-to-learn system.

I hope that we can at least post once a week, more frequent would be better. I think I will be watching the game and will be able to answer withinn a day or so, maybe within a few hours.

If I have to describe my preferred style of DMing I‘d say I really like sandbox games. The freedom for the characters to play in a living and breathing world.

I want to do a classic heroic adventure, so any evil alignment is not allowed. I do not want a travaling circus either, so please stick to the "normal" races and classes found in the Player's Handbook. I will allow all character options from all official 5E books, but with the condition, that you may only use the Player's Handbook and one other book to create your character.

So in summary:
- D&D 5E rules
- Forgotten Realms (possibly Sword Coast region)
- short intro and then one of the official campaigns (except Storm King's Thunder)
- 3-5 players
- good or neutral characters of level 1
- character options of every official publication allowed

Link to game

Hopefully I have not forgotten anything, but we can discuss the details later. Of course you do not need to have a character ready to go, you can also create that character together with me or in the group.

I'm looking forward to your answers!
Best wishes,
Stephan
Last edited February 14, 2018 5:31 pm
Feb 12, 2018 7:28 pm
Welcome to GP, Stephen1990. I'm sure that you'll find a metric boatload of 5e interest. I recently launched a Princes of the Apocalypse game (using the default Forgotten Realms setting) and all 6 players spots filled within an hour or two.
Feb 14, 2018 5:31 pm
Thank you Qralloq. As it turned out, you were absolutely right! my 5 player spots filled within a few hours.

So currently the game is closed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.