D&d 5e UA: New Wilderness Travel Rules

Len

Feb 13, 2018 1:34 am
Jeremy Crawford wrote the new unearthed arcana that offers a new way of handling wilderness travel. I have some experience with the default way in 5e and welcome a fresh look! Although I haven't looked at the mechanics in detail, I like the idea that the destination is put at the forefront.
Last edited February 13, 2018 5:22 am
Feb 13, 2018 5:13 am
Yeah, with these rules, travel feels more like playing an adventure game instead of some unnecessary tedious calculation that deflates a session.

Len

Feb 13, 2018 5:23 am
I've read over the rules in detail now, and it reads mostly like a streamlined, common sense version of the original rules. One thing that stood out is how story/narrative elements are directly woven into the exploration rules. It also suggests a way of doing a wilderness exploration as a network of destinations rather than a hex crawl. Definitely something I will try out next time I do wilderness travel in 5e.
Feb 13, 2018 2:42 pm
I like the rules at a first read through. It offers a little bit of flair and flavor and makes a bit more sense in my head than the way they had it presented before. I'm eager to try them out a little more in depth. I am excited by the prospect of a future "Wilderness Guide" or something of that nature that holds a number of tables for the tactical terrain of different settings and the like.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.