Why is it so sleek?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 15, 2018 7:58 pm
I love it. Everything is easy to find.

How are we all doing? Good I hope.

I'm pretty new to pen and paper RPGs in general, though not too new to roleplaying. I enjoy many genres, but don't really have the time to go to sessions live or even do stuff online in Roll20 or anything similar so I sought out somewhere for PbP. I'm glad I found this place since it seems to be pretty active and everything looks to be very organized. I had done PbP before, but all the forums I'd find didn't really play dice games which is what I really wanted. I like roleplay, but I also like games... Like most of us here I assume.

I'm excited to start playing, though I'm a little bummed there's no version of Rifts to play since I really like that huge mess of genres thrown into one world, even if the balance of the original is atrocious. Never played the Savage Worlds version before either so I'm not sure if they're interchangeable.

Anyway, it's nice to meet all of you who took the time to say hi. I look forward to meeting even more people on here.
Feb 15, 2018 8:08 pm
Awesome! I hope you find the games you’re Looking for!
Feb 15, 2018 8:46 pm
Welcome B.W.! Glad to have you with us. I admit, I looked at your profile pic and considered if it really falls under PG, but I'm not sure :p As long as no one complains... :D

And thanks for the quick feedback! You're right; I've haven't seen a Rifts game on the site yet, but that's probably only because the site is still pretty small. Savage Worlds games pop up now and then though. Any other systems you're looking to get into/try?
Feb 15, 2018 9:21 pm
Howdy...welcome to the site..tell your friends...get some more people on here lol
Feb 15, 2018 9:31 pm
We had a Rifts game, but it ended up fading away. Same with the one Savage Rifts game that we had at one point.
Feb 16, 2018 12:56 am
I don't see a problem. It's just lady bugs playing leap frog :p

Welcome!
Feb 16, 2018 1:04 am
Welcome B.W. i don't know anything about Rifts, but it is a game system that has long been on my radar for future explorations. I hope to try it someday and lack of games at the moment aside, Gamers Plane is probably the place that it will occur. I've tried so many new games here, it's been tremendous.
Feb 16, 2018 4:08 am
Keleth says:
Welcome B.W.! Glad to have you with us. I admit, I looked at your profile pic and considered if it really falls under PG, but I'm not sure :p As long as no one complains... :D

And thanks for the quick feedback! You're right; I've haven't seen a Rifts game on the site yet, but that's probably only because the site is still pretty small. Savage Worlds games pop up now and then though. Any other systems you're looking to get into/try?
Haha, you're not the only one who's thought about that with the ladybugs. It tends to get some kind of reaction out of people no matter where I go. Half the time people just think it's funny. It has been debated if I needed to remove it before, but the general consensus is usually that it's okay since it's something that Discovery Channel would be able to play anyway.

I'm pretty interested in a D&D 5e and Pathfinder. Other than that, I'm open to stuff built for space/fantasy settings.
WarDomo says:
I don't see a problem. It's just lady bugs playing leap frog :p

Welcome!
Haha, exactly! And thanks!
Qralloq says:
Welcome B.W. i don't know anything about Rifts, but it is a game system that has long been on my radar for future explorations. I hope to try it someday and lack of games at the moment aside, Gamers Plane is probably the place that it will occur. I've tried so many new games here, it's been tremendous.
It's a fun game. The only time I ever got to play it was super fun. Being a mech pilot partnered with runaway Atlantian slaves that fought with medieval weapons, guns and magic in a post-apocalyptic world solving a mystery involving abductions caused by vampires. Good times. Best of all, the system and world was made to do stuff like that.
Feb 16, 2018 4:22 am
Welcome to the site. I'm a fan of Pathfinder, and have Savage Rifts, but haven't been able to play yet.
Feb 16, 2018 12:19 pm
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
Welcome to the site. I'm a fan of Pathfinder, and have Savage Rifts, but haven't been able to play yet.
Thanks. And awesome! If you ever decide to make a game here I'd be interested in learning. The little bit I've heard of it, it's pretty fun.
Feb 16, 2018 1:34 pm
Welcome to the site B. W.
Feb 16, 2018 4:19 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 16, 2018 4:24 pm
Welcome, B.W.! Happy gaming! :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.