One Character, Multiple Games?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 17, 2018 10:00 am
Hi Guys,

Really enjoying being part of a few games here at Gamers Plane and the welcoming nature of the community has been great, particularly the DMs who have agreed to take me along with them on the journey.

One question I do have is whether it is ok to use the same character across different games? This would definitely require a different character sheet from what I can tell but are there any issues with this, particularly from an RP perspective?
Feb 17, 2018 10:09 am
I don't think there is any problem with that. You would have to consider them different versions...like if they inhabited alternate universes. The memories and experience of one game would not carry into another.
Feb 17, 2018 1:15 pm
Yeah, I think unless you make several versions of the same character, I don't think you can submit the same character to different games. I mean I think the website will literally not allow you to do this.
Feb 18, 2018 3:36 am
Yup, right now, a character can only be in one game at a time. If you want to use the same character, until I build in a copy function, you'll have to recreate it unfortunately :/
Feb 18, 2018 6:21 am
I have done this plenty of times. I just make a new character sheet. I don't think anyone has any problems with it, Jabberwocky but if you want to cover all your bases then I suppose it's a good idea to talk to your DM.
Feb 18, 2018 7:33 am
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.

I will give it some thought but the logistics alone would not allow it but on reflection I think that is best from an RP perspective. I'd be hard pressed to come with a valid RP as to why a character could exist in two places or planes at the same time.
Feb 18, 2018 7:38 am
I just treat different games as alternate realities.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.