Cypher System - Seeking the Bug Homeworld

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 18, 2018 11:34 pm
I am really digging the Cypher System right now and I want to run a game of it. I'm a big fan of military science fiction and I'd like to try and use the Cypher System to explore a common trope in that: Humanity's War Against the Bugs.

This game will have an end point. The mission, as I envision it now, is that the Humanity's war against the Bugs is going rather poorly and Command has decided that the only way to win (and thereby continue existing) is to locate the Bug's homeworld and destroy it. Thing is, they don't know where it is. They suspect it's in the Sentrill System, but haven't been able to confirm that.

So, the group of PCs will be military scouts, soldiers and civilian scientists and experts tasked with locating the Bug homeworld. Once they get that information, they'll have to bring it back to Earth for evaluation, planning and execution of the decisive attack.

Any interest?
Feb 19, 2018 12:10 am
*Sir! Reporting for duty. Sir!*
Feb 19, 2018 3:26 pm
Sweet! There's three interested. That was quick! Let's see if there's anymore interest in the next few days.
Feb 21, 2018 3:47 pm
I've had the Cypher System core book for a while, but my group mostly plays Numenera. If you'll take a newcomer, I'd love to have a chance at actually playing something non-Numenera :D
Feb 21, 2018 9:49 pm
Well, coming from a Numenera background, you'll know the system. I hardly think that qualifies as a newcomer! but welcome aboard!
Feb 21, 2018 9:53 pm
We've got enough to start. Game invites have been sent.
Mar 24, 2018 6:14 pm
Hey! I'm new to the Cypher System but really interested on learning. I've already done my research on the rules so I might learn fast if I can join.
Mar 26, 2018 7:18 pm
Is your game public ? I'd like to see how it goes.... (And put my name up if you ever need someone to fill in for some reason)
Mar 29, 2018 4:01 am
It's not currently, but let me ask the players and see if anyone has any objections to it becoming public. If they're all agreeable, I'll change it to public.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.