Jumping in with both feet (Shadowrun 5e)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 19, 2015 11:57 pm
So, I've never played in or run a play-by-post game. I've been wanting to run a Shadowrun game at a game store for a while now, but it just hasn't worked out. So I thought I'd try out a PbP game.

Who would be interested in a Shadowrun 5th edition game? I know the setting and the rules. I've run Shadowrun before. But like I said, I've never run play-by-post before, so expect me to do a fair bit of learning as we go.

Pitch:
You are a new group of runners in the southern part of Seattle. Everyone in the shadows has their own story, and their own plans for how to spend the latest paycheck. Things are changing in the shadows of Tacoma, and you may have a say in how it all shakes out.

So, who's interested? New players welcome!
Jul 20, 2015 12:18 am
I know its been requested before, and I think another group has been running a Shadowrun 5e game, but I'm not sure how they're handling character sheets. I've got a steadily growing list of systems to add, but I'll make sure Shadowrun 5e is among the top of the list.
Jul 24, 2015 2:43 pm
There hasn't been any traction on this yet, but I went ahead and created the game at http://gamersplane.com/games/80/
Remember, new players welcome!
Last edited July 24, 2015 2:44 pm
Aug 5, 2015 3:05 pm
I "retired" from gaming recently but my life has calmed down a bit since then and Shadowrun always was my favorite. Tempted but haven't decided yet. If I do I am decking.
Aug 5, 2015 6:56 pm
Decker versus Technomancer though? Discuss (I've played both in 5E).
Aug 5, 2015 7:20 pm
Decker. Never did like the fluff of the technomancer. I like the scifantasy world of shadowrun but let tech be tech and magic be magic. Combine the two and one always suffers. From a gameplay perspective the technomancer is better at matrix actions but sacrifices the safety of going offline and cold sim vr.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.