Out of Game discussion.

Mar 2, 2018 4:31 pm
Good morning!

Thank you both for joining the game! While I do have some concrete ideas of scenes and challenges, I'd really like all of us to set the scene and background together to make the narrative as player-focused as possible.

To that end here is what I propose for our next steps:

1) Pick a region of the Ninth World to use as our starting point. If you have an interest in being in a certain area let me know, otherwise I will choose a starting city.

2) Create your characters and post the character sheet. Decide whether your PC know each other and give them a bit of a backstory.

3) Explain why your character is interested in exploring the Water Canyon.

I'm relatively new to Numenera so please let me know if I am misinterpreting any of the rules.

Looking forward to the game!

-Anton
Mar 2, 2018 7:17 pm
Randomly rolled character so I'm looking at the background still a little.

1) Navarene
2) we still need to pick a connection so it'll be to each other. (roll 1d4 Will if you just want the random result)
Baltasar is an Empathic Nano who Travels Time. He's killed a man out of self defense (bad situation)
3) He's unsure if it was or will be important either way he this it needs a once over something needs to be remembered or foretold and he's unsure what it is.
Mar 5, 2018 1:29 pm
I've written the introduction for Chapter 1 just now. Take a look.

Baltasar will begin with the following cyphers:

1) Adhesion clamps.
2) Sonic hole.
3) Spacial warp.

Oddities: 1) Bag of 16 balloons. 2) Blue crystal that glows as intense as a candle when held. 3) Powerful magnifying glass
Mar 5, 2018 4:31 pm
Cool I'll read in over in a few, let me know the levels or add it to my character sheet I'll try and look up the descriptions when I get a chance if you don't have it readily available. Update: Also let us know when to start ICly posting.

@WillAdams How you doing on Char Gen?
Last edited March 5, 2018 5:28 pm
Mar 5, 2018 7:17 pm
As soon as WillAdams gets a character up we can start posting on Chapter 1!
Mar 9, 2018 10:08 pm
Saria, a Driven Jack who Exists Partially Out of Phase. She is slightly translucent and her foci ability is she can move very slowly through matter. I'll need to work out what she is Driven about.

Jack Tricks: Thrust, Rope Trick

Connection: The other PC has known me a while and helped me gain control over my phase states.

How does that sound? I've submitted the character but need to go over it once more.

Edit: Thanks for having me!
Last edited March 9, 2018 10:08 pm
Mar 9, 2018 10:53 pm
That works for me, my connection I'm ,related to you but I'm unsure if your the ancestor or me.
Mar 12, 2018 3:53 pm
Good morning, everyone!

It looks as if we are almost up and running. The last character sheet should be up some time today and then we can look them over and establish some bonds. We'll begin in medias res with a man standing precariously near the edge of a very tall bridge.

Well I may post from time to time on the weekends, it will be a rare event as spring arrives and my son's schedule fills up from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. My usual posting time will be first thing in the morning and once in the afternoon.

I hope everyone is having a good day thus far!

Anton
Mar 12, 2018 7:11 pm
Ah I see what you mean by the third player now. Q did you want me to be one of your connections off yours or mine? I figure we'll just link all three of us together once they build their PC yeah?
Mar 13, 2018 12:53 am
Anything works. How about we let him/her choose from our two, and then we can fill in the circle.
Last edited March 13, 2018 12:53 am
Mar 13, 2018 1:51 pm
FYI: Please pick your own cyphers and oddities from those listed in the book.
Mar 13, 2018 4:01 pm
Well besides connections I'm done. XD
Mar 15, 2018 2:00 am
I'm ready to go... picked two cyphers and an oddity (by rolling for each).
Mar 17, 2018 8:18 pm
Hey! Sorry for the delay! Notifications weren't coming through for me.
I have uploaded Rysin Lev, and will have a chance to choose cyphers asap.
The weekday posting schedule sounds great.
What is the plan for connections?
Mar 18, 2018 2:14 am
What is your connection?
Mar 19, 2018 1:51 pm
Rysin Lev is from Harmuth, in the far northwest corner of Navarene, the deltalands of the Tithe River.
From little means, they could not avoid being conscripted into the military and sent north of the Tithe to patrol the Cloudcrystal Skyfields in the Beyond.
They underwent extensive Biomechanical Modification, gaining the power to control gravity.
After only a few months of harsh conditions and meager rations, however, Rysin deserted their post. Accompanied by an unstable biomech engineer named Trax (who managed to painfully but successfully disengage Rysin's military tracking mod), they fled up the Tithe on a stolen hoverskiff and ended up in Charmonde.

PC Connection: In the recent past, Rysin Lev accidentally sent another character (you choose?) hurtling into the air. They barely survived and decide whether they resent, fear or forgive Rysin Lev.

Cyphers: 1. Controlled Blinking Nodule
2. Datasphere Siphon
Oddities: 1. Felt-Tip (a.k.a "Weight Watcher") (Focus oddity)
2. Synth disk that will restore a rotten piece of fruit or a vegetable.
Mar 19, 2018 2:03 pm
"Lev's the name. When s**t gets heavy, don't be surprised if I just float on out of here."
Mar 19, 2018 2:40 pm
OOC:
Rolls...
The Baltasar has known Saria a while and helped them gain control over their phase states.

Baltasar is related to Rysin Lev but he's unsure which ones the ancestor and who's the decendant.

This work for my connection to you two?
Last edited March 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Rolls

Connection in (inverse for connection out) - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Mar 21, 2018 1:00 am
Everything looks great people. Feel free to react to the strange individual mumbling to himself on top of the bridge.
Mar 21, 2018 2:43 pm
@Qralloq:

Perhaps Saria is the PC who Rysin Lev accidentally sent hurtling into the air? Perhaps during a chance meeting in a Noodle Shop in Charmonde?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.