Favorite WWII miniatures wargame?

Mar 3, 2018 5:22 pm
Hello all,

Several months ago I bought the first edition of Bolt Action half off (along with Tomorrow's Wars but that's a game for another thread) and fell in love with the system: simple yet elegant, the battle is chaotic until the very end and the winner is not always clear up until the moment the victory conditions are finally met. I've also heard Lindybeige on youtube speak a lot of good about Crossfire: no rulers or tape measurers used for movements, it works on an obstacles-to-obstacles system. So I was wondering, what is your favorite WWII miniatures wargame and why?

Len

Mar 3, 2018 6:54 pm
I'm not a big WWII miniatures player, but I did enjoy Flames of War. I'm more of a SAGA guy, a simpler game of vikings smashing heads.
Mar 3, 2018 9:30 pm
Spent quite a bit of time with Disposable Heroes using 6mm figures. We had tried a couple of other systems, but this one just seemed to flow the best for us and had a good balance of playability vs complexity.
Jun 22, 2018 8:02 pm
"I ain't been shot mum", by "two fat Lardies"

Man to man, company sized game
Jul 12, 2018 7:09 am
I've found Bolt Action simple and easy to play. My only gripe with it is list building confuses the hell out of me.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.