Super new

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 4, 2018 7:25 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit of a novice to play by post and RPG's. About two or three years ago I played a portion of a Heavy Gear game which I was invited to over on their website, but it never reached its conclusion. I also played Vampire the Masquerade at a table top for about a year when I was in school but that was a long time ago and I believe much has changed since. That about sums up my experience, other than that I've never been on an actual forum geared for it like this.

What brings me here is probably what brings most people I figure; I've got the itch to play something but I don't have the time, opportunity, or player base to get something going. I hope to get a lot of gaming in here and hope that I'll measure up to the standards of play by post. As far as what I'd like to play, I'm not really sure. I'm not familiar with all the choices out there, but I personally lean towards sci-fi compared to fantasy. I'm learning that there are tons of choices in between and I'm eager to find something and try it out.

Thanks for having me, and I'm looking forward to playing on here.
Mar 4, 2018 7:33 pm
Welcome!
Mar 4, 2018 10:29 pm
I hope that you find your fix here. It's worked well for me and I think there appears to be a distinct sci-fi group of PbP gamers on this site. All the best!
Mar 4, 2018 10:50 pm
Welcome muskylounger! Play-by-post is tough for those who like to see endings. Players and GMs come and go, specially in a game that can take months (for something short) or years to finish. Still, I like to think GP has a good group of players, and I'm sure you'll find something here, and hopefully it reaches a conclusion you like!
Mar 5, 2018 12:10 am
Hi Muskylounger, love the name! Have fun with PbP and welcome to the community :)
Mar 5, 2018 12:21 am
Heya muskylounger, and welcome. Don't worry about being "in on all the latest crazes," only a few of us are debutantes and fashionistas about such things, haha.

I'm sure you'll fit right in, as we have a veritable kaleidoscope of experiences and preferences.
Mar 5, 2018 1:54 am
Hello and welcome! I've found that this is a great site to try out games.
Mar 5, 2018 3:43 am
Welcome! I hope you'll find everything you're searching for here!
Mar 5, 2018 5:43 am
Welcome!
Mar 5, 2018 10:13 am
Welcome!
Mar 5, 2018 1:02 pm
Welcome, Muskylounger!
Mar 5, 2018 3:31 pm
Hello and welcome!
Mar 5, 2018 6:53 pm
Welcome!!
Mar 6, 2018 1:07 pm
Welcome :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.