Looking to join a Star Wars game!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 9, 2018 9:30 am
I have a hunger... A hunger that could have only been sated a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away! I'm new to the FFG Star Wars game, but have done some research on my own and am willing to learn as I go. If anybody has room for a new player, or wants to start a new game, feel free to hit me up!
Mar 10, 2018 3:58 pm
Unfortunately we have a metric ton of FFG Star Wars players come through here, but very few GMs.

I just brought two new forum members onto one of my SWRPG games and still have 6 waiting in line.

If you all want to try to get together and start up a game, here is a link to my game page where they're waiting. You can get their usernames/PM them to see if anyone will step up?

I think GP misses out on/loses a lot of players due to the lack of ppl willing to GM. But also I think this is a pervasive problem in the rpg /PbP community too.
Mar 12, 2018 2:29 am
emsquared says:
Unfortunately we have a metric ton of FFG Star Wars players come through here, but very few GMs.

I just brought two new forum members onto one of my SWRPG games and still have 6 waiting in line.

If you all want to try to get together and start up a game, here is a link to my game page where they're waiting. You can get their usernames/PM them to see if anyone will step up?

I think GP misses out on/loses a lot of players due to the lack of ppl willing to GM. But also I think this is a pervasive problem in the rpg /PbP community too.
I agree that a common thing in the RPG community overall is a lack of GMs. If I wasn't overloaded as it is and unfamiliar with the FFG Star Wars games, I'd run it in a heartbeat :(
Mar 17, 2018 9:43 pm
emsuared, from out game and watching me as a player, you think I got enough down to try my hand at running a FFG StarWars game. Let it be noted I have run 5e DnD for years.
Mar 17, 2018 11:42 pm
Apex I'd be happy to talk some game-theory about that system if you're questioning your own comfortableness with the system.

I find it to be one of the easiest systems to GM that I ever have played, because it has some very powerful tools for the GM. But I'd say just go for it, either way. Just let your players know your experience level and your style and go for it. Best way to learn.
Mar 18, 2018 5:33 pm
Too true. That is how I came into DnD so I guess it wouldn't be a stretch for me. Just got comfortable with a system for so long, moving on seems a bit...humbling.

I may do that then. It will take a bit to gather a story but I know I want to do something during the Galactic Empires rule.
Mar 18, 2018 7:04 pm
Awesome, I'm glad there is such a large Star Wars community here. I've only played a short lived Edge of the Empire campaign, but I would be interested in running a game if I had more experience with it. It seems like storytelling systems like Star Wars and Cypher System would be fun to run as pbp. I only have GM experience with D&D, and I haven't run any play-by-post games yet. I would love to play in a Star Wars game with the expectation that I would run a game sometime in the future.

Len

Mar 18, 2018 8:47 pm
This thread is making me want to GM this system. I don't know the first thing about the FF Star Wars game, but I am well-versed in the Star Wars universe. Maybe I should give it a go!

Len

Mar 18, 2018 8:57 pm
One of the problems with 'giving it a try' in pbp is it feels like you're committing to 4-6 months! Not sure how to get around that.
Mar 19, 2018 3:37 am
lenpelletier says:
This thread is making me want to GM this system. I don't know the first thing about the FF Star Wars game, but I am well-versed in the Star Wars universe. Maybe I should give it a go!
Sounds like a game for the GM Mentoring Project! ;-)
Mar 19, 2018 4:26 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Indeed, except it's also good to get people new to the forums (and/or system) in on the game too... it's a balancing act with this system due to the high Player demand.
Mar 19, 2018 6:28 pm
Quote:
I like it! A lot of information in there.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.