7th Sea Interest Check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 14, 2018 9:56 pm
I'd like to give running 7th Sea (2nd Edition to be clear) a bash and just wondering if there's any interest? I'd be looking for 3-4 players and initially would be just wanting to run a short scenario to start with.
Mar 15, 2018 12:08 am
I was wanting to try this one out, particularly since it's on bundle of holding right now
Mar 15, 2018 12:41 am
I'm up for it I'm interest how you feel about how progression works.
Mar 15, 2018 1:25 am
Yes. All of my yes.
Mar 15, 2018 3:42 am
SaucyWaffle says:
Yes. All of my yes.
SaucyWaffle is a little bit of a pirate name, isn't it?
Mar 15, 2018 12:28 pm
Sounds like there’s enough interest then :) I’ll get a game up later today with a bit of blurb to what I’m thinking for the first adventure.
Remnant says:
Yeah, I’m not a 100% sold on the whole character story idea to, for want of a better term, level up. I can see where the idea behind it comes from (wanting to tie character advancement heavily into their personal experience) but the rpg groups I’ve run for in the past would really struggle to come up with something viable and not get frustrated if the overall story moved in a direction that meant their personal story fell by the wayside for a while. I’m going to hold off on making any specific descision on it for the time being as I more want to use the first adventure to get a better feel for the mechanics and system in general and if we decide to carry on with things I’ll put some more thought into it then.
Mar 15, 2018 4:53 pm
Qralloq says:
SaucyWaffle says:
Yes. All of my yes.
SaucyWaffle is a little bit of a pirate name, isn't it?
Could be a boozy brunch spot...
Mar 15, 2018 5:36 pm
Remnant says:
Could be a boozy brunch spot...
This!
Mar 15, 2018 6:01 pm
Open for a newbie? I backed the kickstarter campaign for 2e, but never got around to reading up on it or playing it ;)
Mar 16, 2018 1:34 am
mcneils5 says:
Sounds like there’s enough interest then :) I’ll get a game up later today with a bit of blurb to what I’m thinking for the first adventure.
Remnant says:
Yeah, I’m not a 100% sold on the whole character story idea to, for want of a better term, level up. I can see where the idea behind it comes from (wanting to tie character advancement heavily into their personal experience) but the rpg groups I’ve run for in the past would really struggle to come up with something viable and not get frustrated if the overall story moved in a direction that meant their personal story fell by the wayside for a while. I’m going to hold off on making any specific descision on it for the time being as I more want to use the first adventure to get a better feel for the mechanics and system in general and if we decide to carry on with things I’ll put some more thought into it then.
For what it's worth, I don't blame you if you wanted to wait on the Personal Story bit, or even drop it entirely. Honestly, it's a tenant of the game that seems cool in theory but hard to execute in practice. I'd probably just take the cop-out and either A) just have the players do short downtime vignettes as they pursue their own personal agendas and just give them the level up on good faith, or B) just tie the advancement stuff to "Campaign Story" instead of "Personal Story" and just let the players cherry pick their nemesis, banes, love interests, and whatnot because I'm lazy.

Still totally interested in buckling my swash! :D
Mar 16, 2018 2:16 am
I like the option of playing a scene or two, to (wait for it) get our feet wet sea legs, and only then get into the nuts and bolts of the more esoteric elements of the game design.
Mar 16, 2018 8:37 am
Right, I've put a game up here and sent invites to all of you who commented on here.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.