Phase Trio - Dave Evans (Cyber)

Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm
One Saturday shortly after getting his powers, Dave was at the mall, still trying to be a normal person. But someone there was not making that easy for him, or for anyone else. A big, not so bright guy with what Dave would later learn to classify as gamma powers, was throwing his weight around - scaring people, grabbing their things, coming on heavy to women - massively enjoying his new strength and speed, but acting like a school bully on a grand scale. The comparison triggered something in Dave, and he thought it was time to turn the tables. Dave took control of various devices around the place and began to use them to harrass the hoodlum, in the end driving him into the reinforced glass lift, where he stayed, thrashing against the walls and swearing revenge. Some time after the police arrived, arresting the gamma metahuman for petty theft, disturbing the peace and harassment.

Aspect: Bully the bullies

I really like the aspect, but I'm not sure about the story here. Part of me wants to swap it for the story about me at school, which could lead to the same aspect, but then I'm worried about if people will be able to riff off of it with phase two.
Last edited July 23, 2015 6:03 pm
Jul 23, 2015 11:52 pm
Warp didn't know what brought this pencil pushing looking bald dude out to Southend but Warp could tell he was gonna have a bad day. Already, a pack of bottom feeders was tailing him as Warp watched from above. Then the dude must have been asking for it as he walked down a blind alley with some flickering street lamps. The Warp started to swing down to the ground level to help this guy out when all of a sudden stuff started popping off. The lights in the alley all overloaded at the same time and the place went dark. Warp watched as electricity attacked the gang from breaker boxes and transformers. A small minicycle that was the dumpster helped too. After it was all over Warp dropped in to make an introduction but this dude started attacking me too. Had to calm his butt down a bit before I could convince him I was on his side. It seems I'm always mistaken for one of the bad guys.
Last edited July 24, 2015 1:12 am
Jul 24, 2015 12:30 am
@themightykobold - This Aspect is not working for me as is. How would this Aspect help The Warp exactly? It seems like it is encouraging inactivity. Aspects are used by players to gain either a +2 bonus or a re-roll in the game. There will be times where I "Compel an Aspect" offering you a Fate Point to act in a certain way, or not act in a certain way, and you will either accept and have your character do what I want or pay me a Fate Point to ignore the Aspect for the moment. With [b]Looks like you can handle this without me[b], I can see how I could compel this against you, but I can't see how you would get a benefit. What exactly are you saying about Warp here? Certainly the other team members are capable characters, but what about that fact shapes Warp?
Jul 24, 2015 1:10 am
Beneficially, it was a way to be able to break away from a problem to deal with something secondary. I'm still pretty new to this aspect writing stuff. I can try again. I'll edit it into something else.
Jul 24, 2015 1:40 am
Yeah, I'm not meaning to harp on you. Creating Aspects is difficult. But one that rewards avoiding things isn't in the spirit of the game. Being a loner isn't a problem either. Maybe something more along those lines?
Jul 24, 2015 1:48 am
That works much better I think.
Jul 26, 2015 3:40 pm
"Hey, it's me. We got another one. Yes I'm sure, he's at least a Beta. I'm going in for a code 12."

The Harbinger hangs up the phone and steps out of the shadow into the alley way.

"Dave Evans, I have a proposition for you from Fuller City's finest."

Aspect: Talent Scout
Last edited July 26, 2015 3:41 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.