Game Interest Check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 22, 2018 2:22 am
Unfortunately the title doesn't allow me enough space to put the systems in! lol.

I am fishing around for interest in a Dresden Files Accelerated or Tiny Dungeon game. I've ran pbp in the past but I haven't ran anything pbp recently. I had just started to return to an old haunt when Cruvis pulled me over here. My current interest in gaming in general has been in Fate, Savage Worlds, and Tiny Dungeon. If you can't tell in my later years I have moved away from the crunchier games...

I've had this idea to run an Urban Fantasy game for awhile using a modified (obviously) version of the old Dungeon Magazine AP Age of Worms but since I haven't read those modules in many years (and I am now in a game based off them so I want to avoid remembering to much about them) I thought that a reskinned Carrion Crown would also fit. This idea has been in my head for years now but I never really got around to running it. I just recently brought a copy of the Dresden Files Accelerated rules (I've had my original DF books since they released but I like the Accelerated rules a lot too) and thought it would make for a good campaign. Ancient Evil begins to awaken and all kinds of forces old and new get pushed into a frenzy over it... sounds perfectly Dresden Files.

Alternatively I have been wanting to give Tiny Dungeon a run since I got the pdf in February. I saw that a Tiny Dungeon Rise of the Runelords game got off the ground and I thought that would be a good mix... Tiny Dungeon and Paizo APs... I'd be interested in giving it a run. I have every Paizo AP up to Giantslayer (including the old Dungeon APs), plus third-party ones Way of the Wicked, War of the Burning Skies, and Scales of War (4e yikes... 13th Age makes it all better though!). And so many other things... Red Hand of Doom, so many old 2e modules...

Clearly I need to get some gaming in...
Mar 22, 2018 2:36 pm
I’d support your game, Arc! Count me in! As for Age of Worms, you needn’t worry about ripping my campaign off. It’s such a cobbled together mishmash, ‘‘tis hardly recognizable as AoW anymore. It’s more like Princes of the Apocalypse, blended with Rise of Tiamat, chased with a bottle of tequila laced with Kyuss worms.
Last edited March 22, 2018 2:37 pm
Mar 22, 2018 2:47 pm
For an urban fantasy game, I'd suggest giving a look at Urban Shadows... I am not totally biased in this and I am definitely not telling you this because the last two games of US I joined here died...
Mar 23, 2018 11:19 am
Cruvis says:
I’d support your game, Arc! Count me in! As for Age of Worms, you needn’t worry about ripping my campaign off. It’s such a cobbled together mishmash, ‘‘tis hardly recognizable as AoW anymore. It’s more like Princes of the Apocalypse, blended with Rise of Tiamat, chased with a bottle of tequila laced with Kyuss worms.
Thanks, man!
kalajel says:
For an urban fantasy game, I'd suggest giving a look at Urban Shadows... I am not totally biased in this and I am definitely not telling you this because the last two games of US I joined here died...
I am not familiar with Urban Shadows, unfortunately.
Last edited March 23, 2018 11:20 am
Mar 23, 2018 2:42 pm
kalajel says:
You could do a workshop to teach people how to run US and then have yourself added as a player to 'oversee' all the games...

@Arcmagik Good luck on recruiting.
Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm
I'm the one that made the Tiny Dungeon Rise of the Runelords game. I just created it so I could solo run a party through the campaign and learn to get a handle on the Tiny Dungeon mechanics. I would definitely play a Tiny Dungeon adventure if you decide to go that route.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.