The latest in a long line: Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 9, 2014 7:29 pm
After nearly 40 years, we have the latest in Dungeons & Dragons technology: 5th Edition. Being heralded as taking the best features of previous D&D games, including the simplicity of 2nd/4th, along with the versatility of 3rd. I'm sure there's more, but I can't be sure as I haven't gotten to play it myself.

But DnD5e is finally on Gamers Plane. It was, coincidentally, ready yesterday. I finished it on my commute to work and was excited to unveil it to everyone. Then I made stupid server mistakes and things went downhill. Thankfully though, the server is back up, and so are new features!

So go ahead and make a 5e character! As I haven't played it before, I'd love to get feedback on what the char sheet needs. For example, based on how I've heard skills work now, I'm considering automatically listing all the skills on the character sheet with their original stats, and then allowing users to add more after. Would this be a good chance? Let me know!
Oct 10, 2014 3:16 am
What would make this really easy, is if -someone- could find some awesome resources to used for character generation (since some of us are likely not to own the new 5e stuff for making characters)
Last edited October 10, 2014 3:17 am
Oct 10, 2014 2:05 pm
You can get the basic rules on the Wizards site. I'm a bit hesitant to putting up anything that may not be covered by a game's license/TOS, until I can figure out if its allowed or not.
Oct 10, 2014 4:20 pm
Even links somewhere, so people know where to look easily :)
Oct 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Yah, one of my longer term plans is a make a more comprehensive library of the systems on Gamers Plane, along with descriptions, links, and Amazon links to help me raise some money :p

You do not have permission to post in this thread.