Want to try something with Open Legend

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 26, 2018 1:48 am
Hey guys I'm relatively new to PBP and RPG's in general, but I'm super into what I have going on so far. I would now like to give DMing a shot. As I don't own any source material beyond what can be found online I like the open source style of Open Legend. Would anyone be interested in starting a campaign with that with someone's first shot at being a DM?
Mar 26, 2018 2:21 am
This does sounds interesting, however, I have my hands full with the games I DM (both here and in real life). Perhaps someone else? Or maybe you seeing you're the one who found this game?
Mar 26, 2018 2:36 am
Oh I absolutely want to DM this game, I am just looking for people who would be interested in participating that would be patient with a new DM in a new system. I was thinking maybe 3 posts per week if anything. Once we get players we can decide whether or not to push it beyond that.
Mar 26, 2018 3:03 am
Oh, okay. I misunderstood your first post.
Yeah, I'd be willing to give it a try.
Mar 26, 2018 3:27 am
Sweet I'm working on setting up the game now. Let me invite you so you can see what's what. Any advice you can offer I would appreciate since you are an experienced GM
Mar 26, 2018 4:08 am
I'm completely new to this system, but I'd be happy to be your guinea pig and offer feedback. The game looks interesting.
Mar 26, 2018 2:35 pm
Starrbeardo says:
Sweet I'm working on setting up the game now. Let me invite you so you can see what's what. Any advice you can offer I would appreciate since you are an experienced GM
I do love making maps on the pyromancers site, and more recently on the Hextml map maker and then put them up on a google presentation so that players can see/interact with them.
One other thing I like to do, which I do more often with my Ravenloft game because ambiance is very important in horror games is link some song I found on youtube for a given situation. (I do believe I did it once in the DS game with your fight against the orcs...).
Last edited March 26, 2018 2:35 pm
Mar 30, 2018 5:35 pm
....I bought into the kickstarter.... I wasn't sure when I'd be able to use it.
I'm down! I've applied. I'll need a little time to get a character together since I really haven't gotten far into the material.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.