Emails not showing content

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 27, 2015 12:51 pm
All of my emails from GP come out as this kind of thing:

( ! ) Warning: include(gmEmail.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/gamersplane/api/games.class.php on line 275
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0001 238032 {main}( ) ../dispatch.php:0
2 0.0032 299104 games->__construct( ) ../dispatch.php:62
3 0.0033 299808 games->submitCharacter( ) ../games.class.php:23

( ! ) Warning: include(): Failed opening 'gmEmail.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/gamersplane/api/games.class.php on line 275
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0001 238032 {main}( ) ../dispatch.php:0
2 0.0032 299104 games->__construct( ) ../dispatch.php:62
3 0.0033 299808 games->submitCharacter( ) ../games.class.php:23
Jul 27, 2015 1:24 pm
Oh, wow, that's bad! I'll get right on that one...
Jul 30, 2015 10:18 pm
You have multiple mail problems actually. I have a couple of people trying to get signed up for you site and they aren't getting the emails. I know for Google it goes directly to Spam folder.

I checked your domain and IP and you aren't blacklisted. I am guessing you don't have proper certificates or white list support for your email system?

Don't know if that is an issue for your Web Host or you, but my friends have basically said fuck this site after three for four attempts to get registration emails through.
Jul 30, 2015 10:26 pm
I've been trying to get the email issues resolved; unfortunately, I'm not a server admin and my knowledge is limited. Like all other sites, I do put a notice to check spam folders, but obviously it only does so much.

Since I added the system to resend registration mails, it seems to have almost knocked out the number of people not getting emails at all, specially if someone gives it more than one attempt.

Short of hiring a sysop to help me figure out the issues, there's not much I can do. I can appreciate its frustrating, but at the end of the day, this is a project by a RPG fan, who's a developer. Any time someone has any issue, I'm more than glad to resolve it for them; if someone doesn't get a registration mail, I gladly send them an activation link.
Jul 30, 2015 11:02 pm
I understand man. I will see what I can find out from OPs friends for you. Might be an easy/free solution.
Jul 30, 2015 11:11 pm
Hey, if you know someone who's a op, might be able to help, give me advice, and teach me a bit, I'll find some way to pay them. GP is important to me, i wish there was more I could do.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.