By way of Introduction

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 27, 2015 3:00 pm
Hail fellow travelers,

Long time RPGer, occasional PbEmail, recently returned from the Wilds of Responsibility to the Land of Things That Matter. One of which is gaming.

Dropped by hoping to pick up a game of 5E but there appears to be a shortage of openings. Been a DM off and on for a few decades so might spin up a sandbox campaign if there's any interest. Will need to put it together, but one thing that comes to mind is a group of sanctioned artifact hunters based loosely on Warehouse 13 in a D&D setting. Might be able to support a larger cast of some wanted to play back-end support characters and others field agents depending on how often they want to post.

All this is just by way of intro, still getting used to the site and PbP expectations.

Nice place you have here.
Jul 27, 2015 3:13 pm
Welcome Sizzlork!

5e is definitely the most popular game on GP right now, trailed by Numenera. I'm sure with your introduction, another round of interest will pop up and we'll be able to get another game going! I actually haven't looked at the Games list in a while, and realize the sort filter needs a few options like "Show only games with open slots" and "Don't show games with inactive GMs", maybe checked by default?

As you're going through the site, let me know if you face any issues or need any help!
Jul 27, 2015 3:27 pm
Sounds good.

I like the idea of the filter, or even listing the x/y openings on the index page would work if it's easier than the filter.
Jul 27, 2015 3:31 pm
Hi there, Sizzlork, and welcome! Your game premise sounds fun! I'd play! :-)
Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm
Welcome Sizzlork! Yeah, new games open all the time, so there should be no problem there. Unless I'm missing something, there are a few D&D 5e games which seem to have open slots, for example Talos in search of the Old Ways and Misunderstood, which appear on the gamersplane.com landing page for me. But maybe you've already PMed the DMs and they're actually full?

In any case, it won't be long until another 5e game opens, I'm sure, and you can always suggest it on the Games Tavern thread ) That's where to suggest your own campaign idea too, which sounds really great.
Last edited July 27, 2015 3:36 pm
Jul 27, 2015 3:41 pm
Excellent point harlandski! I missed those, even though they should have been obvious.
Jul 27, 2015 3:44 pm
I have pending applications for both those games. I don't know if the GM's have logged on recently.
Jul 27, 2015 4:07 pm
Welcome Sizzlork - hope your game goes great!
Jul 27, 2015 4:14 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I have pending applications for both those games. I don't know if the GM's have logged on recently.
Remember, if there are no zzz's, then they've logged in sometime in the last two weeks.
Jul 27, 2015 4:52 pm
Thanks for the replies as info, all. Appreciate it.

One question. In the Talks and Misunderstood games, they list openings, but in the lower right corner of the page, or shows "Currently Full"

Which one should be considered correct?
Last edited July 27, 2015 5:01 pm
Jul 27, 2015 5:29 pm
Eeer... sounds like a BIG bug on my side. I'm on it.
Jul 27, 2015 9:12 pm
Ok, fixed the bug preventing you from applying. I hope.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.