Burning Vampire Earth

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 31, 2018 4:02 am
Last night, I was struck with the urge to run a post apocalyptic game. As I thought about the kinds of stories that I like in post-apoc movies I've seen, I realized that they're all about people fighting for what they want against a much more powerful enemy. That brought to mind Burning Wheel, which is all about that. Then, today, I stopped by the bookstore to find a post-apoc story to read and I was reminded of a book series I love, Vampire Earth!

I think Burning Wheel would work wonderfully in that setting! Society has been crushed and humanity struggles to hide from the alien invaders that feed on them or struggles to work under their oppressive heel, hoping that the Reapers don't break down their door in the middle of the night, looking for blood.

With the tech being pushed back, I think a good number of the base Lifepaths will work and we could come up with a Wolf Lifepath fairly easily. For firearms, we can just bump up their effectiveness over the base rules and then we'd have a game to run around in. I'm super excited for the idea.

Anyone else know and love Vampire Earth? Fan of Burning Wheel? Interested in marrying the two?

I have no idea if this is going to lead to me running this game here, but I'm too excited about the idea right now to let it lie.
Apr 4, 2018 10:26 pm
Never played Burning Wheel at all, but absolutely adore the Vampire Earth book series! I'm certainly going to keep an eye on this.
Apr 5, 2018 2:58 am
Nice! I discovered that there are two more books in the series that I haven't read, yet, so I started over on the series. It's a great setting.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.