LFG: D&D 5E or Pathfinder

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 2, 2018 12:24 am
Looking for a game that has room for another player in either D&D 5E or Pathfinder. New to both systems, some patience will be necessary during character creation.

If you are a patient GM and in need of a player, please give me a holler.
Apr 2, 2018 12:39 am
Don’t need anything at the moment but I will keep you in mind should a spot open.
Apr 2, 2018 2:45 am
Are you just looking to throw some dice to get a feel for the system(s)?
Apr 2, 2018 6:12 am
I am asking for the patience to allow me to get a feel for the system in the beginning. But, i am looking for something long term preferrably.
Last edited April 2, 2018 2:41 pm
Apr 2, 2018 9:06 pm
I'm 100% comfortable walking new players through the game. I'll set something up and send you an invite. However, would you potentially be interested in learning how to run a game? There's a thread on this site where people were offer to mentor potential GMs. I'd be more than happy to help you get started in the game, and would be willing to help try running it as well, if you're interested.
Apr 2, 2018 10:47 pm
I have been gaming since i was 12 yo. I am currently 50, giving me 38 years experience as a player. I started DM'ing a year after my intro to RPG's.

Currently i am working on building a homebrew world with Rolemaster FRP being the chosen system i plan to use. Although i have thought about making the world friendly towards multiple systems.

I have an extensive library for RMFRP, the 3 core books + Xanathar's for D&D and currently only the core rules for Pathfinder. DM'ing right now is not planned as i want.to get some play time in. And with PbP and the player attrition that seems to come standard with it, can be frustrating at best, 😡😡😡

Currently i am also registered with Rpol and have been in a game there for the last 4 years, running solo with a concept i have been wanting to run in RM. However i have learned that even GM's disappear too. Thankfully he has always returnes after getting a break.

The other problem i have had in PbP GM'ing is finding players who can successfully play Sandbox style and lead me around by the nose while they explore the world. And with RM being a system with a small circle of players i have realized that i need to GM a more popular system.

So mechanics first and let's see where that leads me.

And btw, thank you for setting something up for me. However you want to do it, solo or group I am fine with. I ahve been playing with the Pathfinder character creation for the last few days and i am liking the versatility the system provides. It could be more versatile with the number of skills, as could D&D, but the list could be adjusted later down the road as house rules.
Apr 2, 2018 10:48 pm
Sorry for the rambling novella. Lol
Apr 3, 2018 1:23 am
No prob for the novella. I'll set it up and send you an invite.
Apr 3, 2018 7:47 am
As far as the style of game goes, i am not picky. Simce all i am trying to do is learn the mechanics. We could do am arena style where he plays the role of a free gladitorial warrior. If we add more people, that is strictly your choice, we could other stuff.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.