Feature Request: 5e Expertise/Jack of All Trades

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 8, 2018 11:25 pm
Not sure if it's been requested before (or requested recently).

Is it possible to extend the skills portion of the D&D 5e character sheet to include Expertise and/or Jack of All Trades?

I'm thinking something like either having multiple boxes OR having a drop down next to the proficiency box like you do for the related stat that would be:

0x
.5x
1x
2x

and would multiply your proficiency modifier (including rounding for the .5) before adding it to the total.

It could theoretically be 0 or .5 if the proficiency box is unchecked; 1 or 2 if it was checked. Then players could set the skills with expertise or feature-based double proficiency/half proficiency.
Apr 9, 2018 1:18 am
Even the option to add a miscellaneous modifier would be helpful :-)
Apr 9, 2018 2:41 am
Naatkinson says:
Even the option to add a miscellaneous modifier would be helpful :-)
Very true. For stuff like magic items that grant a +x to spell attack rolls or saving throws, or general plusses to saving throws in general.

I could see a lot of areas where we could massage the 5e sheet a little closer to the "normal" 5e sheet (adding areas for the personality traits/flaws/ideals/bonds, basic proficiency category [weapons/languages/armors/tools] areas, magic item attunement, given time and freedom, but I can imagine that a full rebuild like that would be substantially more work. :)
Apr 9, 2018 4:59 pm
Would it be possible for members of the community to contribute to code changes like this?
Apr 10, 2018 3:43 am
Naturax says:
Would it be possible for members of the community to contribute to code changes like this?
Absolutely. All the code is up on GitHub, though it's a total mess (thus the current refactor that's been going on way too long thanks to a slew of personal issues).
Oct 7, 2018 6:13 am
Any progress on this? Unfortunately, I have no coding skills, but not having expertise available severely handicaps rogues and bards.
Oct 7, 2018 7:26 am
These are great suggestions.
Oct 8, 2018 5:54 pm
Sorry these fell by the wayside. I'll look into how easy it would be to implement now rather than wait on the upgrade.
Oct 8, 2018 10:50 pm
I appreciate all of your effort on keeping up with all the different sheets supported on the site Keleth!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.