[CONS] GenCon 2015

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 31, 2015 4:17 am
Man, all the tweets today make me really regret not having gone to GenCon. Everything looks great, and man, it'd have been great for Gamers' Plane, in terms of promotion. And all my Twitter friends who I could have met!

Regardless, I hope any of you guys and gals there are enjoying your time. Everything looks sweet, and the expo hall look great. Remember to mention Gamers' Plane as you're going around, our great, friendly community, and all the games they can play!

And as a special move, our partner Dog Might is offering a special: go to their booth (2434) and mention Gamers' Plane, and they'll give you 25% off merchandise!
Jul 31, 2015 10:31 pm
I'm super jealous, but the finances just aren't there. I've stayed off Twitter this week to keep from getting salty.
Aug 2, 2015 4:41 am
Ok, this is crazy:

If you're going to be at GenCon tomorrow, and you don't yet own a Dog Might Dice Chest, go to their booth (2434), and mention you're a Gamers' Plane member. They'll give you 50% off a dice chest, double the 25% offer they've been making so far. This is for GP members only!
Aug 3, 2015 2:52 am
With GenCon over, I'd love to hear from you guys how it was, your favorite moments, who you met, etc. Favorite games? Awesome new games?
Aug 3, 2015 6:33 pm
GenCon was pretty awesome. I spent most of my time wondering around the exhibit all but I did attend a couple events. I ended up spending way too much money on various RPGs like the rules to Savage Worlds and some more books by Chaosium to sink my teeth into. My SO got a few RPGs as well one of which was Titiansgrave which I suppose is pretty popular on Tabletop by Geek and Sundry. So that's pretty cool. We actually didn't get a lot of board games though. Mostly because the ones we found that we loved were sold out by Friday or Saturday. So we'll have to wait for them to be released to the public again.
Aug 4, 2015 6:36 pm
I got to chat with Michael from The RPG Academy.
I got to say hi to James and Kat from the One-Shot podcast.
I discovered an amazing cosplay tapdance group called Noise Complaint Live.
I played a great game of Part-Time Gods of FATE with Phil Vecchione (the guy that adapted PtG for FATE).

Other than that, I did a lot of costume-spotting and browsing.
Aug 5, 2015 7:01 pm
After Gen Con I think the Playtester's Hall area Double Exposure would have been a good place to get people to know about Gamer's Plane (granted that would mean people want to test new/broken/unbalanced games and write reports as well as normal gaming). Granted board/card games would be more complicated and I did get to playtest an interesting new card game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.