Apologies for all the site problems

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 26, 2018 4:09 pm
I wanted to apologize to everyone again (something that's been all too common as of late), for all the trouble with the site as of late. Between full bugs and problematic behavior, I haven't been fixing as much as I should. Unfortunately, as some of you know, I've suffered from depression for a long time. Back when I had RL friends, I'd be ok most of the time, and I'd manage when I wasn't. At this point, I only have one RL friend (who I see once every few months), and it makes it much harder for me to manage my depression. I know I should see a psychiatrist, I'm just stuck in that "when I'm ok, I don't have the need, when I'm not, I don't have the will".

At the same time, that's kind of an excuse. You all are here to play games and use the site, and the bugs are unacceptable. I'm still working on all of it, however slowly. I'll keep doing my best, and I totally understand if anyone can't wait on the fixes. Just in general, I'm sorry.
Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm
From my personal experience, nothing has been game-breaking. I can wait on whatever issues are unaddressed, and you take the time you need for yourself.
Apr 26, 2018 4:22 pm
None of the bugs have stopped me from enjoying the games, or appreciating all you've done in making this site and hosting this community. Very much appreciate everything here.
Apr 26, 2018 4:27 pm
Agreed! The site is secondary. Your well-being is paramount. Please take the time to give back to yourself as much as you can.

Len

Apr 26, 2018 4:52 pm
There are problems? I only see awesome games and people having fun. Take your time, nothing is impeding the fun we're having.
Apr 26, 2018 4:59 pm
I want to echo the other thoughts here. While there are some things that are not perfect, it's far from breaking my ability to play and have fun with all of my new online friends that I've met here. Whatever you need to do to get yourself squared away, that takes huge priority.
Apr 26, 2018 5:58 pm
Adding my voice to the chorus. The site is great, and even if it weren't your well-being is still more important!
Apr 26, 2018 6:51 pm
Other than family and people I know from gaming on line I have no friends that I see on any kind of basis. That is all preface to this: I understand what's in your head because I experience a little of it myself. The thing that keeps me above the morass is that I play a variety of games. If Gamers Plane is your only outlet, let me suggest you add a little something. If your schedule is fairly regular, I might suggest Forge of Empire. Playing in only one world it would take only two to five minutes at each sitting and anywhere from two to five sittings per day. I also read a lot, science fiction and fantasy, and I watch several TV shows on a regular basis.

As far as this site is concerned, I'm still new enough to not fully understand how everything works. I've tried to start a game of my own but so far there has been no interest shown. Don't know if it's because it's D&D 3.5e or I'm doing something wrong. Anyway, there seem to be a lot of people here who are relying on you to be available to keep this place on an even keel.
Apr 26, 2018 7:22 pm
I'm very new, so I wasn't aware of your situation, Keleth. Please fight on. I've enjoyed being on your site thus far.
Apr 26, 2018 8:50 pm
I have no complaints about the site at all and the minor issues I've seen have been nowhere near to fun-breaking. Keep up the good work!
Apr 26, 2018 9:05 pm
lenpelletier says:
There are problems? I only see awesome games and people having fun. Take your time, nothing is impeding the fun we're having.
^^^ This. Also, feel better, my friend. I know that is probably nonsensical when depression rears its ugly head, yet there it is.
Apr 26, 2018 11:45 pm
Site is awesome and you are awesome Keleth! You may not see us irl but you have a lot of people rooting for you here, myself included and if you ever want to talk, I’m just a Skype call away.
Apr 27, 2018 12:07 am
I love this site. Thank you
Apr 27, 2018 2:20 am
Aldrusian says:

As far as this site is concerned, I'm still new enough to not fully understand how everything works. I've tried to start a game of my own but so far there has been no interest shown. Don't know if it's because it's D&D 3.5e or I'm doing something wrong.
This was the first I heard of this game. Searched it out and liked your blurb. I suggest posting in the Games Tavern forum, so people have a chance to see what you're putting out there.
Apr 27, 2018 3:02 am
Hey Keleth, I haven't really noticed any bugs, and I'm having an amazing time with a hobby that I thought I had left behind. So thank you for all of your hard work, I appreciate it.
Apr 27, 2018 5:53 am
The site is great! You have created something wonderful. Thanks :)
Apr 27, 2018 9:27 am
The site is doing just fine, but you are not. Please, please go get some help. I know how hard that is, from experience. It's terrible, because your illness is the thing preventing you from getting help: it tells you there's no point, you're not worth it, nothing's going to change. But none of that is true, even though it feels that way. Depression wants to keep you down in the darkness. But you don't have to stay there. You don't have to keep suffering.

Pick up the damn phone. If you won't do it for you, do it for all the people who care about you. They're out there. We're out there. You're not as alone as you feel.
Apr 27, 2018 12:27 pm
marithyme says:
The site is doing just fine, but you are not. Please, please go get some help. I know how hard that is, from experience. It's terrible, because your illness is the thing preventing you from getting help: it tells you there's no point, you're not worth it, nothing's going to change. But none of that is true, even though it feels that way. Depression wants to keep you down in the darkness. But you don't have to stay there. You don't have to keep suffering.

Pick up the damn phone. If you won't do it for you, do it for all the people who care about you. They're out there. We're out there. You're not as alone as you feel.
This is spot on. I want to echo this sentiment.
Apr 27, 2018 12:55 pm
Another voice to add to the chorus. I don't think we have played in any games together online. I just want you to know that this site rocks and getting email notifications when other players respond to my posts or interact in my games makes me feel happy. That's all because of you. You have made me happy and lots of others here feel happy too! Never forget that what you do here has effected real people to feel real emotions. I am indebted to you sir.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.