Apologies for all the site problems

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 27, 2018 2:00 pm
Not that you need more accreditation & praise. but i appreciate what you do for us here. And most assuredly we are here for you if you need to talk. I know virtual friends aren't as good as IRL friends but its better than non and its what most of us cling to.
Apr 28, 2018 4:01 pm
marithyme says:
The site is doing just fine, but you are not. Please, please go get some help. I know how hard that is, from experience. It's terrible, because your illness is the thing preventing you from getting help: it tells you there's no point, you're not worth it, nothing's going to change. But none of that is true, even though it feels that way. Depression wants to keep you down in the darkness. But you don't have to stay there. You don't have to keep suffering.

Pick up the damn phone. If you won't do it for you, do it for all the people who care about you. They're out there. We're out there. You're not as alone as you feel.
I would also like to echo this. Even if your personal life seems lacking in emotional support, we are all out here hoping for the best for you. Please, if you need help dealing with your depression, please get the help you need and we'll be here to support you the whole way through.
Apr 28, 2018 11:22 pm
I know this thread is going to start sounding like a broken record, but I'll have to mirror what marithyme said. I've dealt with depression so I know how it feels man. What is important right now is your health, get the help you need. The site is fine. It's not perfect, but it's serviceable. The bugs can wait, take care of yourself man.
Apr 30, 2018 12:28 am
Keleth,

1. I can completely relate to your struggle. Depression is a serious recurring challenge for me, and I get the "when I'm ok... when I'm not..." sentiment 100%.

2. Like everyone else has said I just really appreciate the awesome service you provide for all of us! It's a great site, I specifically chose to run my PbP game here for a group of work friends because your system offers features, community, etc. that work great for our needs. I haven't really encountered any significant problems with the site, either.

3. I'm an experienced software developer and I've been looking for a fun project to collaborate on. If you're the type, like me, who is more easily motivated when working with a partner, and don't currently have anyone you're working with closely, I'd love to chat with you about contributing! :)
Apr 30, 2018 5:52 am
Keleth, no apologies necessary. I am relatively new here and I appreciate your hard work making the site work and look as well as it does. I don't have as much time as I'd like for gaming and this site allows me to squeeze in some RPG fun when I can. Thank you!

Please make yourself your priority and get whatever help you need. You bring others happiness -- you deserve it yourself.
Apr 30, 2018 5:25 pm
No apology needed, you have to take care of yourself before you can do anything else.

The site is great, I have been so excited ever since starting to participate on here. Allows me to get my rpg fix through my phone. Despite any hiccups its awesome and I look forward to continuing on here, thanks to you, for a very long time.
May 1, 2018 2:06 am
Your health and well being is more important than a website. Take care and enjoy the game.
May 1, 2018 9:11 pm
Keleth - Echoing the above sentiments to look after yourself first, and the site second. I sent a few $ your way via the Donation link, please put this towards whatever is necessary to help you feel better (doctor fees, or ice cream, or hosting bills, or whatever - your call).
May 19, 2018 10:48 pm
Sclasclemski says:
No apology needed, you have to take care of yourself before you can do anything else.

The site is great, I have been so excited ever since starting to participate on here. Allows me to get my rpg fix through my phone. Despite any hiccups its awesome and I look forward to continuing on here, thanks to you, for a very long time.
I'm new to the site, but I think it's really awesome. I agree with this and what so many others have said above. Hope you're feeling better!
Jun 2, 2018 3:36 pm
Brand new user here. I just saw your thread while navigating to the new player guide and getting a 403. I actual came across the site while doing some research on play-by-post apps. I am a junior developer looking for ways to practice coding. Let me know if you need any help with bug squashing, I’d be happy to help! You have a great site here. I’m excited to play!
Jun 9, 2018 5:35 am
Oh mate don't be so harsh on yourself! You're doing your best and this is the important thing here. Depression is a damn, and I know it is easier said than done, but you gotta keep strong. Please, please seek a profissional's help, not only for the sake of the community but for the sake of your mental and body health. You're far too important to let it take the best of you!
Jul 16, 2018 9:57 am
I am new here but have so enjoyed the games. I have not noticed anything that has not made it fun on this site. I also know how the depression can get to me. Playing on this site has actually helped me. It has started to get me out of a self imposed isolation as a start. it is not RL as you call it but it is a step for me and has helped me a lot. thanks for all you do here and keep up the fight. I know it is hard. but stay strong .
Aug 10, 2018 5:18 pm
I'm no marketing genius, but I'm not sure that "Apologies for all the site problems" is the best banner to see after logging onto the site, haha.
Aug 10, 2018 5:36 pm
Does seem like there's a bit of a lull in new blood recently (the past week or so not withstanding)...
Aug 10, 2018 6:07 pm
I've only been here for a few months but honestly Keleth, I'm having 100% fun and 0% technical problems with GP.

It might be one of those things where you, as the person working behind the curtain, notice all of the things you want to improve and fix but everything is beautiful and fine to the plebs like me ^.^ Please don't be too hard on yourself.

I agree with Phoenixrising that this site has really helped me too. I probably have anxiety and depression, but I've never been diagnosed. I just know that I'm super shy and ridiculously introverted, and moving away from everyone that I knew hasn't helped. Plus, it seems like all the tabletop groups I tried to join lately are full of jerks LOL.

And, I also agree with Qralloq. There may be things that need fixing, but don't forget about the things that are awesome. Like you! And the cool features we're using on GP. And the wonderful community. Thank you ^.^

I know the original post is from April so I hope you're doing better! And if you aren't, that's okay. Do what you need to do. Just know that we're all thinking about you and sending you happy thoughts!
Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm
Qralloq says:
I'm no marketing genius, but I'm not sure that "Apologies for all the site problems" is the best banner to see after logging onto the site, haha.
Yah, I'll post an update. Been a bit.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.