The Shevaran Threat

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 27, 2018 5:58 am
In the world of Endoran there is one significant Elven kingdom, three smaller Dwarven kingdoms and five human kingdoms. None of the human kings trust any of the other four. One of them is closely allied with both the Dwarves and Elves. It is the smallest and most effectively ruled of the human kingdoms. It's called Belldawere ruled by King Devonius. He is a widower but has three children, one daughter and two sons, aged 27 and 19. The largest human kingdom is Keldarin. Although its ruler is weak the land is so verdant that the residents can do nothing but thrive. The true ruler is the general of the army which, although not well funded, is well trained. The third kingdom, Shevara, is ruled by a viscious despot who is constantly driving his citizens to produce more weapons. The Shevarans are little more than slaves whose weapons and used by a strange race out of the northern mountains, called the Sclar. They are the product of experiments done by a powerful but insane dark elf necromancer. They are part human and part lizard and completely viscious. They are easily duped by the king of Shevara. The other two human kingdoms are much smaller and more remote and try to keep to themselves.

The characters in the ensuing drama are from any of the listed kingdoms, even the smaller remote ones, except for the kingdom of Shevara. They are in the capital of Belldawere, Casimir, for the annual spring festival. While reveling the city is attacked from the sea by the lizardmen allies of Shevara.

Criers hurry through the city calling for any who can help defend the city to meet at the Desert Flower Inn. This is where all the characters will gather.

CHARACTER GENERATION INFO: Your character can be any standard race and any standard class from the D&D 3.5e universe. Only good or neutral aligned characters are acceptable. You should use the 32 point buy method to create your character and make it level 5 with all the pertinent gold and gear.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this game. I will try to address any and all.
Apr 27, 2018 11:22 pm
There may be a t-shirt in our house that says "3.5 till I die". I sent in an application to your game: Shevaran Chronicles
Apr 28, 2018 3:49 pm
I wish I had more time, because I've never had a chance to play a game of 3.5!
May 5, 2018 2:43 am
Is no one who has applied to this game going to submit a character? Or do I have to accept the player before a character can be submitted? I still don't know all the rules about how this site works.
May 5, 2018 4:00 am
You have to accept us to the game before we can do anything. Do you want us to submit a finished character without discussing any plans?
May 5, 2018 4:34 am
Right. I've created a character mostly, but without being accepted, I haven't bothered finishing it. It seemed that maybe you were interviewing me and only accepting those who met your criteria?

You can share characters without being accepted first. You have to Add the Character to the library, then share the link, but that would be highly unusual so you would need to specify that is what you want. Let us know if that is what you're requiring before you decide if we can join your game.
May 5, 2018 5:30 am
Also...i don't think the 3.5 sheet is working properly. I just tried to start one and the bottom half is showing some coding stuff. Sorry I'm not more computer/internet savy to be more clear. Anyone else have that issue? Should it be reported as a bug?
Last edited May 5, 2018 5:30 am
May 5, 2018 9:38 am
It already has been reported.

In the meantime, we can use the Pathfinder or custom sheet.

From what I've heard, it is the norm at other sites to send a completed character as part of your 'application'. As Qralloq says that is not the norm here, where usually characters are created somewhat collaboratively by the group of players that are invited. Downside is you may not know much about the players before they join, upside is you can get a real "session 0" feel.

Typically you can trust people to self-select based on the criteria you post on your game page. :)
May 5, 2018 5:39 pm
OK, I will modify the game description to allow the Pathfinder cs. I am, indeed, used to accepting only the characters. In fact where I played for the last twenty years that is the only way a player could be accepted into a game. I love creating characters and I have been rejected many times and many of my characters that were accepted were never played because the game never got off the ground. The only way this one won't is if I die before we can get things going. I will accept everyone and we can start discussing your characters in the game's forum site.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.