A Song of Ice and Fire RPG Interest Check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 1, 2018 2:28 pm
Hey everyone. So I just started rereading the Song of Ice and Fire books, and it has inspired me to try my hand at running a game of the Song of Ice and Fire RPG by Green Ronin. I'm checking to see if there's any interest in a game in this system?

Basic rundown is that the game will take place during the events of A Game of Thrones, starting with the Hand's Tournament, then running through the War of the Five Kings. Character creation is a little weird in this game, so the "getting the game started" timeline would look something like this:

1) Find 4 or 5 interested players
2) Build the PC House together
3) Everyone makes character sheets
4) Start playing

I think PbP is actually a really good format for this game. Given that the characters can have wildly different abilities and areas of expertise, splitting the party is likely to happen a lot, and that's fairly easy to moderate on the forums.

So, any interest?
May 1, 2018 5:35 pm
ill bite, seems more structured then the last one i tried to play via pathfinder :)
May 1, 2018 5:45 pm
Awesome. Glad to have you on board. When you say last one, do you mean a pbp game of any type or a Game of Thrones game using Pathfinder? What sort of character are you thinking? Any thoughts on what region the PC house should be located?
May 1, 2018 6:40 pm
i have no idea about GoT other then everyone dies. But the last time i played one was when like season 2 came out. it was a RL game and it was a friends first time runnin a game.

I'm not familiar with the Play system. so i would have to do some lore digging. I'm open to suggestions. I assume its pretty lo-fi, yea?
May 1, 2018 8:20 pm
I have never played the system, but I found the pdf for it in an old flashdrive while cleaning my desk. No idea where it came from, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

As far as basic character concept, I'm thinking a Bronn type character. Essentially a sell sword with no interest in politics or really anything beyond getting paid.
May 1, 2018 8:46 pm
It’s the unique system, pretty basic. The book can be found easily through various means, both nefarious and non-nefarious.

Welcome aboard Meribson. A Bronn type would be great (probably the #1 character that’s way better in the show). I would like him to have some ties to the House (once we create it) beyond just cash money though :)

In terms of building a balanced party, you obviously want some fighters, but the game has a very cool Inteigue system, which basically combat for social characters, so you want some guys that can hold their own there. You probably want a Maester type that can handle knowledge and healing (not necessarily a true Maester).
Last edited May 1, 2018 8:48 pm
May 1, 2018 9:27 pm
I'll throw my hat in as interested. Little more interested in the idea of a Schemer/Expert. Willing to play 'healer' for the house...low status maybe...but that can be hashed out later.
May 1, 2018 9:41 pm
Awesome Mushroom, now we're at 3. Let get started on the House discussion in the game forum :)
May 2, 2018 2:18 am
I'm interested, too. Particularly the social conflict and how that gets done.
May 2, 2018 2:22 am
Qralloq says:
I'm interested, too. Particularly the social conflict and how that gets done.
Do you have a copy of the book? Basically an Intrigue is a social combat. Your stats give you an Intrugue defense, an armor class for social encounters, and your Will stat determines your social HP. In an Intrigue, you use various tactics (based off of Persuasion or Deception) and roll social attacks. It’s a pretty exciting system for social encounters.
May 2, 2018 2:27 am
Cool. I have a bunch of the books, maybe from a Bundle of Holding. I haven't read them yet.
Jun 6, 2018 11:42 am
Did this get started?

I haven't played a Song of Ice and Fire game in years.
Jun 6, 2018 5:57 pm
Arcmagik says:
Did this get started?

I haven't played a Song of Ice and Fire game in years.
It sort of started but is currently on hold. Will note your interest if I reboot.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.