PC vs NPC vs Mob

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 5, 2018 9:52 pm
I've scanned the forum's but didn't see anything that jumped out at me explaining this.

From the Characters screen, you can set characters to be a PC, an NPC, or a Mob. Functionally, what is the difference?
May 6, 2018 1:45 am
As I understand it, the difference between an NPC and a Mob is that the former is like the player, but controlled by the GM. The latter is, more often than not, configured to be more like common monster entries. Mobs probably lack some of the features NPCs have.
May 6, 2018 1:58 am
I think that there's not a huge amount of difference. I believe mobs we're not fully implemented as Keleth had planned them to be.
May 6, 2018 3:44 am
I've been reorganizing my extensive character Library here, and think I might start using Mob for generic monsters, like wolves or bandits, and keep named NPCs as NPC. Just not sure if there was a site mechanic at play I should keep in mind.
May 6, 2018 9:23 am
Qralloq says:
I've been reorganizing my extensive character Library here, and think I might start using Mob for generic monsters, like wolves or bandits, and keep named NPCs as NPC. Just not sure if there was a site mechanic at play I should keep in mind.
I do just the same. I suppose it's only a label for GMs to have all of it organized, but no further functionality.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.