Mapping

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 6, 2015 4:24 pm
I would love GP to have a game map function that allowed players to:

1. Submit a token (perhaps even help them build a token - drop an image file into a round, hex or square frame transparent edged png file.
2. Move their token on a game map, not be able to move other tokens w/o permission

GMs could:
1. Add an image file and grid/hex it. Permit resize to grid if map already has a grid/hex
2. GM can add the PC and NPC tokens. Tokens can be variable size (not just one square)
3. GM can move all tokens, add/delete tokens.
3. Allow icons to be applied/removed to/from a token to show conditions/statuses. Use those free icons at: http://game-icons.net/. They would be small, on the edge of the token.
4. Fog of war for GM to hide/reveal map
5. Rudimentary drawing tools to mark up maps. text
Aug 6, 2015 4:52 pm
So GP actually used to have a mapping tool. Unfortunately, it broke at some point, and rather than attempt to fix it, a GP member proposed him building a new one. However, I haven't heard from them in a bit.

I fully intend on rebuilding a mapping tool, though more rudimentary then what you list out. Building a mapping tool is pretty rough (I'm not that great at code generated graphics, still learning). The old tool let you make a grid, and place tokens on there, assigning tokens to a user or not. It has no fog-of-war or markup functionality.

The next version I build will be similar, though more advanced. I'm not quite sure exactly what though, due to the complexity.
Aug 6, 2015 5:36 pm
That would be so awesome. Between that and fake internet points you could get this site swarming with new and more regular users
Aug 6, 2015 5:40 pm
Yah, its a crazy balance between new systems, improving what we already have, fixing bugs, improving UI, and building big features like this, with just me about 15 hours a week. It's rough.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.