Special Character Bug in Messages

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 7, 2015 12:31 pm
In the messaging system, when you type in the special character: "Ä" the message shows up funny (either with a very large string of Ãs or an A, a F, and some other odd symbols). I have not seen if it happens with any other special characters, however.
Last edited August 7, 2015 12:31 pm
Aug 7, 2015 1:08 pm
Strange... there's nothing special about that character and how its handled. We had issues with special characters in the past, but thought it was resolved. It must be something about when I upgraded the messaging system to Angular. Do you have a specific PM you sent/received I can look up in the database?
Aug 7, 2015 1:20 pm
Keleth says:
Strange... there's nothing special about that character and how its handled. We had issues with special characters in the past, but thought it was resolved. It must be something about when I upgraded the messaging system to Angular. Do you have a specific PM you sent/received I can look up in the database?
Sure, it has happened every single time. I could PM you and I would suppose it would show up. Just look at the name of the "Character for Älmara" messages.
Last edited August 7, 2015 1:21 pm
Aug 7, 2015 2:00 pm
I'll look into that.
Aug 28, 2015 5:15 pm
I'm hoping the fix I made for the My Characters page fixes the issues for this as well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.