Recommendations for one-shot D&D 5e adventures?

May 25, 2018 9:05 am
I'm too busy to run on-going campaigns but being able to run occasional one-shot adventures over 1 or 2 evenings would be cool. I've already found the Curse Of Strahd Introductory Adventure (pdf) which looks good. I know I can just Google "D&D one shot" but does anyone have any particular recommendations?
May 25, 2018 2:49 pm
Having read up on the Strahd adventure linked above, I think it might be too long and too slow to start. I found this guy's Youtube channel though, which has a good series of videos about creating and running a simple adventure for beginners.
May 25, 2018 2:53 pm
I really enjoyed running this: https://winghornpress.com/adventures/a-wild-sheep-chase/
May 25, 2018 3:58 pm
DMs Guild has a ton of adventures, some free. I haven't used any so can't recommend a good one.

Len

May 27, 2018 3:24 am
I would expect death house to take 6-8 hours, maybe more if you have a cautious group.

I personally like the one-page dungeon contest winners for sources of one shot adventures. They are free and full of great ideas.
Jun 15, 2018 1:27 pm
To follow up on this - I basically ran Mat Colville's simple "find the villager kidnapped by goblins" adventure described here. I found his series of "Running The Game" videos very useful for introducing new players to the game, and for preparing me (as an inexperienced DM). It went really well - it lasted the perfect amount of time (~4 hours), and the players enjoyed themselves.
Jun 15, 2018 2:35 pm
You have a Drivethru RPG referral link at the bottom of the site. You can check for one-shot adventures over there.
Last edited June 15, 2018 2:37 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.